WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWhich processor is the way to go? EmptyWhich processor is the way to go?

more_horiz
Hi. I am thinking of putting together a new PC since it's been a bit of years since my last one I built. I have been doing some digging into processors and I am trying to decide between the Intel Core i3 and i5. There isn't a huge price difference between the 2. Is it worth it to spend the extra cash for the i5? I'm not a big gamer, but I do a lot of graphic and video stuff. I'm kind of out of the loop these days with the different hardware available. Thanks!

Eric

descriptionWhich processor is the way to go? EmptyRe: Which processor is the way to go?

more_horiz
If you do a lot of graphical and video stuff go with the i5. It is a quad core, and the i3 is a dual core.

The i5 will be amazing with multitasking and your graphical work, as long as you have the other hardware to match, you'll be looking at a nice system.

............................................................................................

Which processor is the way to go? Jetson

descriptionWhich processor is the way to go? EmptyRe: Which processor is the way to go?

more_horiz
i would go with the i5 for future proofing

more_horiz
Have you thought about AMD? They have great processors for great prices?

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
Indeed they do. The Phenom II series is spectacular for what you want for less $$. The Phenom II X4 is one of the best IMO.

Which processor is the way to go? Jetson

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum