WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWays to improve running games smoothly with out lag EmptyWays to improve running games smoothly with out lag

more_horiz
If I posted in the wrong place, can you please move it to the right place. Thank you. Anybody know anyways to play a game on the computer without lagging besides going to buy things(graphics card) to improve your computer. I'm talking about what things I can update or install software/anything that can just improve the game to make it a better enjoyable.

Thanks.

descriptionWays to improve running games smoothly with out lag EmptyRe: Ways to improve running games smoothly with out lag

more_horiz
For improving performance, it doesn't hurt to have a better processor, or RAM, or video card, but...that stuff costs money.

If you already have a good enough video card to run the game, there are a few things you can do. These are not guaranteed to work since I do not know what game you are playing, but most games with the following features will see improvement. There's surely more advice, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

1: If the game has the option, disable shadows. This seems to be an almost-universal truth amongst games that have them. Shadows cause lag, and serve little purpose.

2: Anti-aliasing can be turned down/off as well. Yeah, the game isn't going to look pretty, but it's going to run smoother.

3: Internet connection. Broadband/High-speed-otherwise is the way to go. Dial-up just can't handle online games, at least nȯne that I've played.

4: Draw distances should be turned down. The less your computer has to load in advance, and keep loaded, the better.

5: In-game Items should be kept to a minimum. It may seem imperitive in some RPGs to horde all the items you can and sell them en masse to vendors later, but the more items you have the game keeping track of, the more resources it's likely to need, and so the slower it's going to run.

6: Useless/background programs. Anything you have running in the background uses resources. Anything. That quicktime or winamp agent? Kill it. Daemon tools? Kill it. Anything you don't need, and which isn't going to shut your computer down, kill it. Internet browsers, folders you're not using, media players, USB Device/PDA Helpers, etc.

descriptionWays to improve running games smoothly with out lag EmptyRe: Ways to improve running games smoothly with out lag

more_horiz
I play Wow and this another game you probably wouldn't know called "Crossfire"

more_horiz
Check your ping levels. You might be lagging because you need to find a closer server. It's most likely your connection so don't go out and buy a graphics card if you don't need one.

............................................................................................

Ways to improve running games smoothly with out lag Jetson

more_horiz
mike90t09 wrote:
Check your ping levels. You might be lagging because you need to find a closer server. It's most likely your connection so don't go out and buy a graphics card if you don't need one.

Like how? Join a realm that is in your time zone?

more_horiz
I have never played WOW or Crossfire, so I don't know if you can search for servers but if you can then search for one close to your area. Your lag should lighten up.

............................................................................................

Ways to improve running games smoothly with out lag Jetson

more_horiz
Vanilla wrote:
For improving performance, it doesn't hurt to have a better processor, or RAM, or video card, but...that stuff costs money.

If you already have a good enough video card to run the game, there are a few things you can do.  These are not guaranteed to work since I do not know what game you are playing, but most games with the following features will see improvement.  There's surely more advice, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

1: If the game has the option, disable shadows.  This seems to be an almost-universal truth amongst games that have them.  Shadows cause lag, and serve little purpose.

2: Anti-aliasing can be turned down/off as well.  Yeah, the game isn't going to look pretty, but it's going to run smoother.

3: Internet connection.  Broadband/High-speed-otherwise is the way to go.  Dial-up just can't handle online games, at least nȯne that I've played.

4: Draw distances should be turned down.  The less your computer has to load in advance, and keep loaded, the better.

5: In-game Items should be kept to a minimum.  It may seem imperitive in some RPGs to horde all the items you can and sell them en masse to vendors later, but the more items you have the game keeping track of, the more resources it's likely to need, and so the slower it's going to run.

6: Useless/background programs.  Anything you have running in the background uses resources.  Anything.  That quicktime or winamp agent?  Kill it.  Daemon tools?  Kill it.  Anything you don't need, and which isn't going to shut your computer down, kill it.  Internet browsers, folders you're not using, media players, USB Device/PDA Helpers, etc.

Thanks for giving information.It's very useful post.When i had a lag problem while playing online game,i followed your ways.After that i checked my lag rate whether it's low or high using http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx I got good results.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum