WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHP DV6000 with vista startup problems...help please! EmptyHP DV6000 with vista startup problems...help please!

more_horiz
Alrighty I have a HP DV6000 laptop. It runs a Vista OS. Here is the problem...

I open the laptop and press the power button. The computer does its things and starts making the usual sounds but 1 out of 6 times the screen just stays blank. When the screen does work and everything goes right it will go to the main windows display with start menu and then 5 seconds later it goes to a blank screen and seems like the computer is trying to restart over and over again but the screen is still blank for all the attempted restarts. I can run the computer is safe mode and it works just fine but only certain programs are available of course.

I have tried the "trick" where you take out the battery and unplug everything, hold the power button for 30-60 seconds then retry and nothing.

I have tried pressing "fn" and "f6" buttons at startup and still nothing.

I hope its not anything serious to where I would have to take it into a shop for repair but if anyone has any suggestions or know what exactly the problem is, I would appreciate the pointers.

Thanks and hope to have this problem resolved soon! Thank You!

descriptionHP DV6000 with vista startup problems...help please! EmptyRe: HP DV6000 with vista startup problems...help please!

more_horiz
Hello,

The "unusual sounds" you are referring to, does your computer beep at intervals?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

HP DV6000 with vista startup problems...help please! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionHP DV6000 with vista startup problems...help please! EmptyRe: HP DV6000 with vista startup problems...help please!

more_horiz
Oh sorry I should have specified that...no beeping sounds. I was just refering to the standard startup with the fans turning on and what not. Nothing out of the ordinary.

more_horiz
Hello,

Could you try a system restore and see if it works?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I didnt have a restore point so I went ahead and reformated the computer to factory condition. I am getting all the updates right now so perhaps that will include some driver updates and take care of all further problems. I will keep you posted. Big Grin

more_horiz
Hmm looks as if I have a whopping 97 important updates to do, they are installing now...think that will help a little bit?

more_horiz
Yeah, install all the updates, they will include security patches etc. I think all should be good now.

more_horiz
Sure hope so! Thanks Doc.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum