WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionvaio windows vista won't get past black startup error screen! Emptyvaio windows vista won't get past black startup error screen!

more_horiz
when i try to start my laptop i get a black screen saying that a change of hardware or software has caused my computer to shut down and gives me two options, run windows repair (recommended) or start windows normally - i tried starting normally several times, turned on and off, did ctrl+alt+del, unplugged all USB items, than i tried running windows repair, i ran the quick test and it said no errors were found, under tools i chose check and repair hard disk for C drive - it took an hour, said an error was found and repaired, did the same for E which took about 5 minutes and said no errors were found, than i tried to start again and i see the windows start up, than it just goes back to the same black screen with the same message, when i try windows repair it gives me a message saying my computer is running on a limited mode or something and cannot run the repair, when i "x" out of the repair screen or push "esc" it tells me that something is wrong with the OS C drive - but i don't want to run the C drive repair because i have years worth of work on the computer that is not saved anywhere else and cannot loose my files - please help, i know nothing about computers and how to fix this and am freaking out, plus i have a huge meeting on tuesday for which i NEED my computer! Sad tearing

descriptionvaio windows vista won't get past black startup error screen! EmptyRe: vaio windows vista won't get past black startup error screen!

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you recently changed any hard in your computer? Perhaps a graphic card?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

vaio windows vista won't get past black startup error screen! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum