WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet Security 2010 et al. EmptyInternet Security 2010 et al.

more_horiz
So I am posting this message from my friends computer. My computer is operating on WinXP. Unfortunately I cannot perform any task on my computer. I cannot open any program because, as the popup tells me, "the file is infected". So not only is this fake antivirus blocking me from using my real antivirus, I also cannot open the task manager to control which processes are running. To put it simply, I cannot use my computer. At the very least I want to be able to burn my music and pictures to a disc to save them before I reformat my hard drive.

Here is what its doing: There is a popup warning when I boot the computer telling me something about netsky32 worm (or something specific). Then as it is booting and loading the startup folder, it has 2-4 popups saying there is "(an error loading rundll32.exe"c:\windows\system32\jipizage.dll*,a )" on one. Then another is about the same except instead of (jipizage.dll ) it is (pdhxep), then another is (heriteme).

There were others recently when this problem started, but I was able to remove them before the problem took away my administrative abilities.

This is not the original virus. Before this, there was another scareware called Advanced Virus Remover that tried to take over, but i was able to remove it somewhat. Anyways I cant run HJT or any other program, just tell me what you need me from me so that you can help me. Thanks.

descriptionInternet Security 2010 et al. EmptyRe: Internet Security 2010 et al.

more_horiz
Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.
  • Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from Antivir.de.
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.
Internet Security 2010 et al. 2i8vzwo

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.
Internet Security 2010 et al. 33dxve1

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.
Internet Security 2010 et al. 2aaby46

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

more_horiz
I cant get it to boot from the disc. I may have burned it wrong. I saved the file to the c:/ drive on this computer, and it saved as rescuecd.exe. I copied to file to a cd burning folder where it remained the same name, then I finalized the cd. When I tried to boot from the cd, i couldnt. I tried different ways but I guess Im just unsure how to. I went to the boot menu by pressing F8 after the initial screen before it began to load windows, but there was no option to boot from disc. I tried to open the application from the disc ones it had booted to windows, and it said it was not a windows program (which i knew I was just trying different things).

Help please. What do I do to make it boot this program?

more_horiz
Im looking up the info elsewhere so check back later for progress on the issue.

more_horiz
I was able to boot from the disc and run the virus scan. It found some files, but was unable to repair them. When I booted back into Windows XP, the problems were all still there.

What do I do from here? I dont think the program was up to date.

more_horiz
Can you boot in to the infected system?

more_horiz
yes, but i have no administrative privelidges. Everytime I try to open any program, it says that I cant open it because the file is infected.

more_horiz
Please download exeHelper

• Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)

Then see if the programs work now.

more_horiz
Ok so when I powered the computer up to try what you said, it did a blue screen when it was loading the OS (the windows loading picture). It restarted itself a couple of times before I realized it was in a loop. I hit F8 while it was restarting and went to that menu. I checked for it to not restart upon system failure and I was able to read the blue screen. It said: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down in order to prevent damage being done to your system. Then it had some instructions and something that look like an error code. it said

Stop: 0x0000007B (then it had more numbers here)

Did I break it completely?

more_horiz
These are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD files that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.
If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.

Let me know how it goes.

more_horiz
still working on it. dont give up on me. thanks.

more_horiz
Okey dokey. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum