WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRestarting EmptyRestarting

more_horiz
Hi,
My computer keeps restarting itself about every 30 min. give or take it varies. The only error code it says is "UPS service is not configured correctly". Does it mean the power supply is going bad?

descriptionRestarting EmptyRe: Restarting

more_horiz
Give a System Event log, please.

How to capture an event log and upload it to the forum:

• First, open Event Viewer by clicking Start -> Run -> type eventvwr.msc and press ENTER.
  • In the Event Viewer please right click the requested event log (i.e. Application, system, etc...) and click Save Log File As.
  • Please save the logfile to your desktop and give it a recognizable name.
  • Do this for each log that has been requested.
  • When you are finished saving the necessary logs, close Event Viewer.
  • On your desktop find the saved log files. Hold the CTRL key and click to select each event log.
  • When all event logs are selected, right-click one of them, click Send to -> Compressed Zip Folder.
  • A new .ZIP file will have been created on your desktop. Please attach that file to this forum in your next reply.

more_horiz
ups is "uninteruptable power supply" (check that) im not a pro so you dont have to listen to me but maybe turn off that service and see if it works
start menu ->control panel ->power options ->UPS ->not sure from there on because ive never used UPS

hope that you can get something from this

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum