WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionODT File EmptyODT File

more_horiz
Hi,

I created a file in Word 2003 on Vista. I looked at the file on a computer that opened it automatically in a different program and it got saved as an ODT file. Now I can't open it in Word. I tried 2 solutions that I found on the web, neither of which worked.
1. I downloaded a Sun ODF plugin for Word. The file is still gibberish in Word.
2. I downloaded OpenOffice.org Writer in Hebrew. When I tried to open the file I was prompted to choose a language to convert the file and no matter what I choose it is still gibberish.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

descriptionODT File EmptyRe: ODT File

more_horiz
Hello,

Please try renaming the file with a .doc extension.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

ODT File Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Unfortunately, that did not work either. I renamed the file and when I tried opening it in Word, Word installed a converter. When I was prompted for a language I selected Hebrew (Windows) and still got gibberish.

more_horiz
Hello,

I think your file has been totally converted to a unreadable format, I'm afraid you won't be able to change it back.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

ODT File Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Thanks anyway for trying.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum