WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionStart up issue related to battery message EmptyStart up issue related to battery message

more_horiz
When I boot up my computer a screen appears which indicates I have a battery problem. Specifically it says the battery is not a Dell battery and it will not be able to charge properly. I also get this message periodically when working on the computer.

The screen commands showing ask me to configure set up by hitting F2 or press any key to continue with the booting process. After I hit enter all goes fine.

I have the original Dell Battery, I have pulled it and reinstalled it and the battery is charging properly and lasts about 2 hours.

How do I get rid of this boot up problem?

Thanks
Beardog

descriptionStart up issue related to battery message EmptyRe: Start up issue related to battery message

more_horiz
Hello,

Please post the exact message you receive, so that we can better troubleshoot your problem.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Start up issue related to battery message Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionStart up issue related to battery message EmptyRe: Start up issue related to battery message

more_horiz
It says;

WARNING: The battery cannot be identified.

This system will not be able to charge the battery

Press any key to continue

Press twice to enter set up

Press and any key to enter Boot menu

more_horiz
Hello,

I found this on another website, let's see if it works for you too.

Use the battery until the screen blacks out. Start the laptop with out the AC adaptor, the system will warn you of low battery and press F1. After pressing F1, plug the AC adapter back in and the problem should be solved.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Start up issue related to battery message Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Thank you. I will give it a try and let you know the result.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum