WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionantivirus-scanner8 a threat for macs? Emptyantivirus-scanner8 a threat for macs?

more_horiz
Hello, I'm using a mac and when I was browsing the web this window which said I needed a scan (and it asked me to click "cancel" or "OK") popped up. Is this a threat for macs? I notice no unusal activity on my computer. (as said in topic; the site was antivirus-scanner8)

Thanks

descriptionantivirus-scanner8 a threat for macs? EmptyRe: antivirus-scanner8 a threat for macs?

more_horiz
Hello,

It isn't a threat for Macs, but if it keeps poping up in your screen, then something is wrong.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

antivirus-scanner8 a threat for macs? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionantivirus-scanner8 a threat for macs? EmptyRe: antivirus-scanner8 a threat for macs?

more_horiz
Okey, if this is not a real threat I'd rather not take more of your time so I'll ask one last thing before I let it go (unless this turns out to be a serious problem).

You said something is wrong? What would that be? Just to clarify, this is nothing that pops up just like that, it's only when I'm browsing the web, it has only happened twice and only from one specific site.

more_horiz
Hello,

That browser hijacker is not designed to work on a Mac, but if it does, then some thing's definitely not right. But since you said it comes form a specific website, then there's nothing to worry about because your browser has not been hijacked.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

antivirus-scanner8 a threat for macs? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum