WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioncannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive Emptycannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive

more_horiz
I have a Sony DVD RW DRU-530 A drive, it will read data or play music or movies & I used to be able to drag & drop or "send to" files to be saved, now if i put a blank disk in the drive & try to save to it I get a notice to put a writeable disk in the drive I also have a Matshita DVD-Rom SR-8586 drive on the computer & I get the same notice if I try to use it. I have installed & reinstalled Roxio 7 & that made no diffrence. Checking both drives in system-Properties it says both drives are working properly--Thank You--Roy

descriptioncannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive EmptyRe: cannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive

more_horiz
Hello,

Did you try inserting a new disc? Also let me know the exact message.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

cannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptioncannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive EmptyRe: cannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive

more_horiz
Thank You --While waiting for a reply I discovered I had a full spindle of disks that the drives were unable to read. An older disk showed up as "Blank Disk" & I was able to both drag & drop & send file to. The new disks still get the message,"insert disk" Roy

more_horiz
Hello,

Make sure that the new discs are compatible with the CD Drive. Is the drive a DVD or CD drive?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

cannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
The drive is a DVD drive & according to the Disk & Device Utility it can write to the following media types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-RW high speed, CD-RW ultra high speed, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW & I did get it to write to a DVD+RW but I picked up a new spindle of Memorex CD-R 52X & the drive will not a recognize the disk, in the disk utility I get a message--Incompatible medium installed-Unit not ready

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum