WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionlaptop won't boot windows xp cd. Emptylaptop won't boot windows xp cd.

more_horiz
Ok, so I got a hp xe3 omnibook that i wanted to install windows xp pro on. Now I tried the cd on my desktop and it worked fine. I put it in the laptop and set it to boot from cd and all i get is "_" that blinking sign and nothing happens. Idk what's going on because I know the cd works fine.

also when I put in the cd it sounds like its getting ready to start, then it slows down and gets quieter then speeds up again but nothing happens.

descriptionlaptop won't boot windows xp cd. EmptyRe: laptop won't boot windows xp cd.

more_horiz
Hello,

What type of CD are you using for the installation? A OEM version won't work, only a RTM will.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

laptop won't boot windows xp cd. Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionlaptop won't boot windows xp cd. EmptyRe: laptop won't boot windows xp cd.

more_horiz
Oh it's an oem version i think.
will a corporate version work? what exactly is a rtm?

wait no it isnt. sorry about the mixup. is there any way to get it to boot? I heard you can make a boot disk using a floppy disk. how does that work?

sorry againn. its a corporate version.

more_horiz
Hello,

A RTM version is the one retail version, the one purchase separately from the computer. Not the one you get from the computer's manufacturer. So, which is it?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

laptop won't boot windows xp cd. Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum