WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBlue Screen EmptyBlue Screen

more_horiz
So this has been happening for a few days
How can i fix it?

And I saw this message:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates, Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove of disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000008E(0xC0000005,0x8A2CE28F,0x96F3C040,0x00000000)

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash duump...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.

descriptionBlue Screen EmptyRe: Blue Screen

more_horiz
KittyXd, if u can boot into windows at all, go to control panel, administrative tools, event viewer. Click the view menu, click filter, & uncheck information. Right click the system log, choose save as from the popup menu that appears, choose text, save as kittys system log.txt & post here.

Often this is a hardware error, but we'll see if any errors show up in the event log that give us a better idea of what this is.

more_horiz
Um sorry I do not know where and what to uncheck.

It shows me folders that I can expand.

more_horiz
1) go to control panel, either by clicking start > control panel or start > settings > control panel, depending on how your machine's set up;
2) If it says category view, click classic view;
3) Double-click administrative tools;
4) Double-click event viewer;
5) Highlight system log;
6) right click it;
7) choose save as from the popup menu that appears;
8) In the box labeled save as type, choose text tab delimited *.txt;
9) type kittys system log.txt in the box for the filename & post here.

I won't have u mess w/filtering it--we'll just let that go. Clearer now?

more_horiz
Hi, um
Actually I have installed the window updates and since then the blue screen hasn't appeared. How do i know it is gone for good?

more_horiz
KittyXd, unfortunately, the way u know it's gone for good is that it doesn't happen again. Sorry, I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, really I'm not. It's just that when problems are rather intermittent, & the cause isn't certain, then u never know what will fix it & what won't.

I hope that fixed it, but, if not, post again & we'll see what we can get done. Blessings.

more_horiz
No worries I didn't take your words as sarcasm. They are words of wisdom ^^
I will post if it appears again. Thank you!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum