WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer caught in a start up loop EmptyComputer caught in a start up loop

more_horiz
Hello there,
I have a HP computer that is caught in what I would call a start up loop. When you power on the machine, you get a blue screen that gives you the options of system recovery, boot menu and one other that I cannot remember right now. After that screen, I get a black screen that asks about which version on Xp I want to start and which mode to start in. If I choose start normally, the screen changes and I get the little status bar that gose back and forth under the Xp logo, and then it will shut down and start the whole process again.
If I select safe mode, there is a long menu of things that comes up and then it will not do anything until you push esc and it will shut down and restart. Can someone please help?

descriptionComputer caught in a start up loop EmptyRe: Computer caught in a start up loop

more_horiz
Hello,

There are two solution to this. Perform a repair of Windows or reinstall it.

descriptionComputer caught in a start up loop EmptyRe: Computer caught in a start up loop

more_horiz
how can I do a reapair? I do not want to reinstall because I have info on the computer that I want to save

more_horiz
Hello,

Do you have your Windows XP CD?

more_horiz
I am having the same problem. However, I don't my computer does not recognize my CD drive. Is there any way around this in order to perform a repair or reinstall?

more_horiz
There's no other way without a CD drive.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum