WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionA year after Windows XP's death, users keep it alive and kicking EmptyA year after Windows XP's death, users keep it alive and kicking

more_horiz
Despite Microsoft's insinuations, the numbers show that Vista's adoption has been poor. But is it time to look forward to Windows 7?

A year ago, Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows XP, no longer selling new copies in most venues. The June 30 kill date for XP followed a six-month outcry from users about Windows Vista, with demands that Microsoft keep XP available alongside Vista for the many users who were frustrated by ease-of-use, compatibility, and retraining issues.

In response to the public outpouring of support for XP -- more than 200,000 people signed InfoWorld's "Save XP" petition, for example -- Microsoft did delay XP's formal death from the original Feb. 1, 2008, date to June 30, 2008.

And Microsoft let XP remain available in a variety of specialty channels.

More: http://infoworld.com/d/windows/year-after-windows-xps-death-users-keep-it-alive-and-kicking-247

............................................................................................

descriptionA year after Windows XP's death, users keep it alive and kicking EmptyRe: A year after Windows XP's death, users keep it alive and kicking

more_horiz
i guess im one of those people

............................................................................................

A year after Windows XP's death, users keep it alive and kicking Educat10

descriptionA year after Windows XP's death, users keep it alive and kicking EmptyRe: A year after Windows XP's death, users keep it alive and kicking

more_horiz
Am I too late? I wanted to put XP on my secondary partition for my newest computer. Not particularly fond of Vista (which I could put 7 on instead.. see what all the fuss is about)

more_horiz
u r not 2 late...

A year after Windows XP's death, users keep it alive and kicking Educat10

more_horiz
Then I got some tweaking to do.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum