WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow to deal with Windows Vista Compatibility issues EmptyHow to deal with Windows Vista Compatibility issues

more_horiz
Summary: Here's what to do if your application does not run properly or it's not windows vista compatible.

Application is not windows vista compatible

As you may have noticed, most of the newest applications will work on Windows Vista, but some of your old software will not. When installing a software, Windows attempts to check if it is windows vista compatible and if it’s not you’ll see some "this applications will not run on windows vista" or "this application is not windows vista compatible" prompts.

In order to bypass the prompts and install the application (despite the fact that windows doesn’t consider it compatible) right click on the setup file, choose Properties and select the Compatibility tab. In the Compatibility mode section check the radio box besides Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose whatever version of windows you wish (in most cases Windows Xp). Press OK and double click on the application. This time you should be able to install it.

Application is not working properly on Windows Vista

The same goes if one of your applications runs and fails for whatever reason: you need to convince the applications that it’s running in the environment for which it was designed. The process is identical to the one above. Right click on the application, select Properties – Compatibility tab – check Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose a windows version.

Program Compatibility Wizard

As an alternative to the above procedures, you can tell an application to run in a certain environment by using the Compatibility Wizard. Click the Start orb and choose Control Panel. Select Programs and click on Use an older program with this version of windows (under Programs and features), and follow the instructions on the screen.

descriptionHow to deal with Windows Vista Compatibility issues EmptyRe: How to deal with Windows Vista Compatibility issues

more_horiz
but can it crash ur system if it's not compatitble and it is installed?

descriptionHow to deal with Windows Vista Compatibility issues EmptyRe: How to deal with Windows Vista Compatibility issues

more_horiz
To stay safe, just go for the vista capable softwares. It won't usually crash your system, but it would not work properly if the software is not compatible.

more_horiz
ok... my printer is not compatible but i would usually do alot of printing of pictures to teach...

like i gon gotto buy another printer...

more_horiz
What is your printer model? I could help you get a vista capable driver.

more_horiz
it's a

HP Deskjet D2360

more_horiz
Click here to download the printing utility for Windows Vista.

more_horiz
Have you got anything for a Mustek 1200 UB Plus Scanner?

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:

so wut do i do?

install as normal?

more_horiz
Sir $wat wrote:
Doctor Inferno wrote:

so wut do i do?

install as normal?

Yes, install it as per normal.

Safan wrote:
Have you got anything for a Mustek 1200 UB Plus Scanner?

Sorry, the diver is not available for Vista.

more_horiz
ok thanx...

i dont have to install that file i downloaded?

just leave it like that?

more_horiz
Yes you have to install it.

more_horiz
wonderful

thanx... i'll do it when i get up 2moro

off for the night

more_horiz
umm lets c...

it wont let me install it.

To use that program u gave me, the printer must first be installed but i cant get to install it.

more_horiz
If you can't install the printer, how are you going to use it even with the driver? You have to plug it in...

more_horiz
it's plugged in but to install i have to click continue (a page that tells me that it is not compatible) but i cannot click it so i cant install it.

more_horiz
That's strange... The driver is suppose to be vista capable.

What is the error message that states that it is not compatible?

more_horiz
it says:

This system does not meet one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product. The installation cannot continue.

more_horiz
ahhh nvm.

it's working...

thanx

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum