WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCannot uninstall Ad-Aware 2007. EmptyCannot uninstall Ad-Aware 2007.

more_horiz
When I try to uninstall this program I receive this error message:

Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

descriptionCannot uninstall Ad-Aware 2007. EmptyRe: Cannot uninstall Ad-Aware 2007.

more_horiz
Give these steps a try

1. Click "uninstall Ad-Aware" in the lavasoft folder of your start menu

2. If it does not work, open your control panel, click add/remove programs and locate Ad-Aware SE

3. If it still does not work, locate and run (double-click) the file "unwise.exe" (the .exe might not be shown). It should be found in C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE [Personal/Plus/Professional]\

If that does not work, or if you get a message saying something like "Can't find Install.log," perform a manual uninstall, which is not a very difficult procedure. Do the following:

1. Click on "my computer" and navigate to your Lavasoft Ad-Aware folder (C:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware \

2. Run the file unregaaw.exe

3. Delete the entire ad-aware folder

4. Delete your Lavasoft Ad-Aware link in your start menu (if present)

5. Delete the Ad-Aware icon(s) from your desktop(if present)

6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Lavasoft and delete the entire Lavasoft folder.

7. Empty your trash bin

8. Reboot.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum