WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDual OS EmptyDual OS

more_horiz
I'm planning to install Windows XP SP3 into my Laptop and I have pre-installed Windows Vista Home Edition. I have one hard drive (160gb) and partitioned by half. My Vista was installed on C: and planning to install XP on D:.

My problem is, do I need clean install of XP on D:? Or there's other way to install it on D: without formatting it?
While installing the Windows XP, will it affect my Vista and C:?

descriptionDual OS EmptyRe: Dual OS

more_horiz
When you insert your XP CD, the system will ask you if you want to format so just select quick format and Windows XP will be installed on D:. It won't affect C:

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Dual OS Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Then the data on D: will be deleted? Whoa

more_horiz
Yes, all data on D: will be gone.

............................................................................................

Dual OS Lambo-11

more_horiz
Oh. Thanks for replying.

more_horiz
PS:

What if I make new partition about 10G is that okay to install xp?

Last edited by closedspace on 12th June 2009, 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
If you want to make another parition using a bootable disc, then all your data will be wiped out. If you want to create a parition with Partition Magic then you can. But isn't 10GB too little?

Dual OS Lambo-11

more_horiz
How about using vista's shrinking tool? I heard that it makes new partition [link]. Is that okay or download Partition Magic? So how many GB should I allot for WinXP?

more_horiz
I don't know about Vista's shrinking tool, I've never used it before. Partition magic must be bought and 10 GB is enough XP, but I don't think you will have enough space to install other programs.

Dual OS Lambo-11

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum