WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow to do a destructive dump in xp home edition? EmptyHow to do a destructive dump in xp home edition?

more_horiz
this is the problem i am having.my desktop compaq presario pc shut down while i was doing research for school, it restarted, had the message, 'sorry for the inconvience...' then it shows the options start windows in safe mode, which just takes me to a black screen that stays black for hours on end, and the other options are safe mode comand prompt, safe mode networking etc. the only one that seems to do anything is the last known good configuration, but it takes hours to appear, then when it does i have no desktop icons and no taskbar/start menu showing. after awhile the screen goes completely white for a hour or so, when it reaapears, my icons are on desktop, but still i have no start menu. when i click on an icon my pc is way slow like its cycling through the past commands and then seems to bottle neck. im constantly having to push power button to restart this mess allover, here my pc info, pleze help anybody!!! I need to do a destructive dump, to roll back to factory settings i rather lose my files and start over since i cannot access the control panel, system tools and system restore seems to be corrupted, i need my pc for school, and i cant let it just sit there forever.
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name Private
System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 06
System Model DA236A-ABA 6420NX NA910
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1798 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.01, 12/10/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Windows Directory C:\windows
System Directory C:\windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name Private
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 256.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 82.93 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.35 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

descriptionHow to do a destructive dump in xp home edition? EmptyRe: How to do a destructive dump in xp home edition?

more_horiz
Hello,

At boot up keep hitting F12 see if it helps you to enter the recovery menu.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum