WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWhat is the best Wireless router for me? EmptyWhat is the best Wireless router for me?

more_horiz
Hi I have Virgin Broadband 20Meg that runs at just under 19meg most of the time when connected by ethernet.

Where i live their are 2 PS3's, 2 laptops and a PC (which is constantly connected by ethernet).

Even if i only have 1 PS3 or Laptop on and connect wirelessly it runs at about 3Meg and will drop connection a lot.

I had someone round and was told the router was to blame.

What would you reccommend for this set up, bearing in mind sometime all 5 things are on. (i know if all 5 are on i wont experience 19+meg on all)

Thanks

descriptionWhat is the best Wireless router for me? EmptyRe: What is the best Wireless router for me?

more_horiz
Most routers come with about 4 ports so connect your devices, so I think you will have to connect one of your laptops wirelessly.

I don't have any specific brand in mind but you can go for the big brands like SMC, Linksys or Netgear.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

What is the best Wireless router for me? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum