WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet keeps shutting down EmptyInternet keeps shutting down

more_horiz
Hi. When i am at uni in my halls of residence, my internet keeps shutting off. i get a message saying "internet explorer has stopped working" and the page i am on shuts itself down. This tends to happen when the page hasnt frozen - ive just been surfing normally. It also tends to happen more on certain websites (virginmedia - normally happens within about a minute or two of me getting onto the news pages. Also hotmail, and facebook - although not as often with the latter) and doesnt seem to affect others. Other times i get no message and the internet freezes and i have to press Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut it down myself. I get this occasionaly at home but at uni its become such a problem that i cant actually delete my emails without internet explorer shutting itself down.
I have done a virus scan using McAfee, and nothing. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I havent changed any internet settings (at least, not that i know of), and the problem has only arisen since i came back to uni after the easter break - it was fine at home. :S

Thanks.

descriptionInternet keeps shutting down EmptyRe: Internet keeps shutting down

more_horiz
Hello,

It could be at the uni's fault. Are you using wireless to connect? There might be weak signals causing interruptions.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Internet keeps shutting down Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Nope, im plugged in. Its fine for everyone else, just me, and only since i came back over easter. Also only happens with certain websites, so if it was a weak signal wouldnt it happen regardless of the page im on?

more_horiz
If it is a weak wireless signal, then this might happen regardless the page you are on. Does this happen in an alternative browser like Firefox, Opera or Chrome?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Internet keeps shutting down Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I dont know... ill try that thanks. I dont have wireless im actually plugged into the internet with a cable.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum