WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHelp Please...(This system is shutting down...) EmptyHelp Please...(This system is shutting down...)

more_horiz
Hello

My old laptop has a virus.

I have made a youtube video hoping that it will be more clearer than in words. So you can see the problem and not just read about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiMhPvfeNSE

A pop up pops up when I turn the laptop on and says...

"This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progess and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM

Time before shutdown: (Timer counts down from 60 seconds)

"C:WINDOWSsystem32services.exe'
terminated unexpectedly with status code 0.
The system will now shut down and restart."

I am unable to log in and get to any of my anti-virus software.

I am really stuck. Any help would be great please because I have lots of old files on there I would like to see again. Cheers

descriptionHelp Please...(This system is shutting down...) EmptyRe: Help Please...(This system is shutting down...)

more_horiz
Hello, and welcome to GeekPolice.

Please note the following information about the malware forum:
  • Only Tech Officers, Global Moderators, Administrators, and Malware Advisors are allowed to give advice on removing malware from your computer.
  • From this point on, please do not make any more changes to your computer; such as install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc. - unless advised by the staff I noted above.
  • Please do not ask for help elsewhere (in this site or other sites). Doing so can result in system changes, which may not show up in the logs you post.
  • If you have already asked for help somewhere, please post the link to the topic you were helped.
  • We try our best to reply quickly, but for any reason we do not reply in two days, do one of two things:

Reply to this topic with the word BUMP, or
    see this topic.

• Lastly, keep in mind that we are volunteers, so you do not have to pay for malware removal. Persist in this topic until its close, and your computer is declared clean.

We are going to be using a Windows Recovery Environment to help disinfect the system so it may boot again.

Download the OTLPE Standard REATOGO Windows Recovery Environment.
  • Place a blank CD-R disc in to your CD burning drive.
  • Download OTLPEStd.exe and double-click on it to burn to a CD using ISO Burner. NOTE: This file is near 300 Mb in size so it may take some time to download.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to Non-Microsoft
    • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
    • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:_OTLMovedFiles
    • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
    • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum