WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer shuts down during clean install of XP EmptyComputer shuts down during clean install of XP

more_horiz
Hi,

So my desktop has been giving me hell lately. It keeps shutting down on its own, and I fear it might be malware related. I've decided to start fresh and re-install XP. I have the disk and boot from it, and it goes through the driver check at the beginning. After that finishes, however, the computer suddenly shuts off. I don't know what the problem is, I've even tried system recovery, and after it analyzes stuff, it also shuts down. Could it be a faulty hard drive? At this point I can't even pinpoint the faulty part, so help would be appreciated.

descriptionComputer shuts down during clean install of XP EmptyRe: Computer shuts down during clean install of XP

more_horiz
Hello,

It might be due to over heating. The airflow in your computer might be obstructed by dust or something blocking the ventilation points.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Computer shuts down during clean install of XP Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum