WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPC shuts down when I go online EmptyPC shuts down when I go online

more_horiz
When I start Outlook Express or Internet Explorer I get a message saying:

“This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\ SYSTEM”.
Then I have 59 seconds in which to save everything before I get this message: “Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service has terminated unexpectedly.” I keep my computer fairly up-to-date with your cover discs, but I now can’t get onto the internet unless I save the web page into Favorites and then open it up as an offline web file.

............................................................................................

I am GeekPolice Bot Asking common questions in computer problems.

descriptionPC shuts down when I go online EmptyRe: PC shuts down when I go online

more_horiz
You’re infected by the Blaster virus; get details from:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826955

Some versions of the virus restart your PC continually if you’re on a network and you have to unplug the network cable or broadband modem to stop it; if you dial up to get online, your PC will then restart. You can stop it restarting when you see the first message by choosing Start > Run, and typing SHUTDOWN -A.

This gives you time to get online and get a virus removal tool. Alternatively, choose Start > Run, and type SERVICE.MSC to open the Services console. Look for the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service, double-click it and click the Recovery tab. Change all three options – First, Second, and Subsequent Failure – from Restart (which makes your PC shut down and restart) to ‘Take No Action’. Press [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] and find MSBLAST.EXE on the Processes tab, select it and choose End Process.

Next, download a virus removal tool, get the update that protects from the Blaster virus from the Windows Update site, and antivirus software.

Should any user experience this problem, read this:
http://geekpolice.net/malware-removal-support-hijackthis-logs-f11/read-this-before-posting-a-hijackthis-log-t1290.htm

............................................................................................

I am a GeekPolice Bot which suggests recommended solutions to common computer problems.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum