WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Loss of External Harddrive

4 posters

descriptionLoss of External Harddrive - Page 2 EmptyRe: Loss of External Harddrive

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Well as said before, those were the packets... however, it would be very very appreciated if you tried to create a computer for me here: http://jmedata.se/CBC.aspx?q=c:100158 try to keep the price below 9000sek if possible Smile...

Choose : Red or Green

............................................................................................

Loss of External Harddrive - Page 2 MysigROG365x140withmark

descriptionLoss of External Harddrive - Page 2 EmptyRe: Loss of External Harddrive

more_horiz
ill try newegg

............................................................................................

more_horiz
blue if possible Goofy

EDIT: uhh we could need a chat for this... do you have msn or something alike?

Last edited by InsanityVonMike on 25th April 2009, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Loss of External Harddrive - Page 2 Geekpolice-

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
blue if possible Goofy

red = ati setup
green = nvidia setup
-.-

more_horiz
haha lol i thought you meant the case.. nvidia or ati - doesn't matter too much

more_horiz
LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH22LS30

LIAN LI PC-7B plus II Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video

CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory(CL5)

EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI FTW ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400

ZALMAN CNPS9900LED 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard DriveKensington 62630 3 feet 6 Outlets 70 joules Power Surge Protector

This is Nvidia setup, Should be around 1000-1100USD = 800-900sek

Able to play smoothly on high setting setting in low resolution without AA. Low heat and noise.

Last edited by AuroraRange on 25th April 2009, 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
And how will this run on crysis maximum settings? temperature? sound?

more_horiz
LIAN LI PC-7B plus II Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive

Foxconn A79A-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

HIS Hightech H489F1GP Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Seventeam ST-850ZAF 850W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996599

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ955FBGIBOX

ZALMAN CNPS9900LED 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

ATI Setup - Should be around 1100+USD = 900sek

Crysis plays smoothly in high setting and a higher resolution with AA on. Low in heat and noise. 4 way Crossfire

Last edited by AuroraRange on 25th April 2009, 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
Are those components actually from jme data? and btw, you are able to send the url with the exact specifications you chose.

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Are those components actually from jme data? and btw, you are able to send the url with the exact specifications you chose.

i cant read the words in jme, but i believe all these is found there, i aready converted the current from USD back to SEK.

more_horiz
Or else u can find identical specs from different brand.

more_horiz
Time to hit the hay, post here for enquirers, will reply tmr.

more_horiz
I checked this review and according to them, the Sapphire Radeon 4850 X2 1GB doesn't make that much noise: http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTYzMSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

I also doubt that they would ever publish the video card if it didn't work properly. So regardless the effort you spent on this, we're back on square one. Does the Sapphire Radeon 4850 X2 1GB take the latest games on max settings?

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
I checked this review and according to them, the Sapphire Radeon 4850 X2 1GB doesn't make that much noise: http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTYzMSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

I also doubt that they would ever publish the video card if it didn't work properly. So regardless the effort you spent on this, we're back on square one. Does the Sapphire Radeon 4850 X2 1GB take the latest games on max settings?

Answer : not really, depends on that game if it support multi GPU. It not, it will work like a reference 4850. As i said, i can assure this graphic card is hot after awhile. Let me quote from the side
The cooling devices on these video cards work well. It can even be said that they work equally well to dissipate the heat generated by the devices they are designed to protect. However, due to the design of the cooling device and nature of plastic as an inefficient heat conductor, and aluminum as a very efficient heat conductor, more of the heat generated by the AMD Radeon HD 4870 1GB and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 will be exhausted out of the case before it has a chance to heat up the ambient temperature of the case. So, the addition of the 2 extra DVI ports and the elimination of the thermal exhaust port will cause the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2 to increase the ambient temperature of your case more than the other two video cards we looked at today.

That website didnt stats the noise issues but it did here http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2009/01/23/sapphire-ati-radeon-hd-4850-x2-2gb/15
The other major disappointment for us with the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2 is the noise it makes – it’s far too loud for a modern graphics card and we have moved away from the whiney fans of the early naughties. Sadly, the two fans on the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2 just make us want to jam a couple of pencils in them to shut them up – they verge on offensively loud if we’re honest and to add insult to injury, there’s no fan speed control available in any of the monitoring software we’ve tried so far.

So if u insist i cant comment much, i just think that it still a fail product.

more_horiz
I agree on every single point. But if I don't pick one of these cheap packets I will have to build one piece by piece.

Maybe you're able to install water cooling? And besides, how well does this case exhaust the hot air? http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=369483&view=detailed#ProductTabs

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
I agree on every single point. But if I don't pick one of these cheap packets I will have to build one piece by piece.

Maybe you're able to install water cooling? And besides, how well does this case exhaust the hot air? http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=369483&view=detailed#ProductTabs

Why not just get a HD4770 which is coming out soon and change to a directX11 card when july comes.

more_horiz
as said before... the radeon remains in packet and I can't change that. Do you suggest me to sell it after I buy it?

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
as said before... the radeon remains in packet and I can't change that. Do you suggest me to sell it after I buy it?
yes, sell your old card to buy a new one, i dont think anybody would want a 4850X2 but im sure there will be people buying HD4770.

more_horiz
Buying a HD4850X2 will only last you 3 months and the new series of graphic cards would be out.

more_horiz
Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO5hxALNrew It's really not that bad if you ask me Smile...

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO5hxALNrew It's really not that bad if you ask me Smile...
sounds like vaccum cleaner but well.. better than the sapphire dual fan. This is reference design Smile...

more_horiz
But I think u will prefer to wait for the DX11 card or 4890X2 which will be out soon.

more_horiz
Well maybe I'll sell it later on. I think it's worth a try and as this is a packet I doubt I have much of a choise Goofy 'cause the other components in my sapphire radeon packet was alright right?

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Well maybe I'll sell it later on. I think it's worth a try and as this is a packet I doubt I have much of a choise Goofy 'cause the other components in my sapphire radeon packet was alright right?

only problem that its using old DVD drive (IDE) Suggest u get a sata edition.

more_horiz
Needa add on something, this board cant crossfire well, the 2nd pcie is running @x4 speed. I suggest u get a 790 chipset.

more_horiz
and what's the differences?

so we have 2 notes... graphics card (eventually) and dvd drive

more_horiz
AuroraRange wrote:
Needa add on something, this board cant crossfire well, the 2nd pcie is running @x4 speed. I suggest u get a 790 chipset.

well if i get a new video card it would be because of the noise and i doubt that i would buy a video card that needs x2 to be at any use.

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
and what's the differences?

so we have 2 notes... graphics card (eventually) and dvd drive

790 can run crossfire in PCIE 2.0@ x8 speed
This is the same speed as PCIE @ x16 speed
Not much of speed lost compared to x4 speed.

That is why some people said ATI crossfire > 3way SLI (Which is true as u get more performance out of ur cards, SLI have higher caps)

DVD drive i assume it is old stock (IDE). Those thick fat wire will block up your airflow and mess up wires.(harder to do cable managment). But for DVD drive, Sata's speed and IDE's speed does not differ much, its up to you.

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
AuroraRange wrote:

well if i get a new video card it would be because of the noise and i doubt that i would buy a video card that needs x2 to be at any use.

at x4 speed, even with a single HD4850, the speed will greatly suffer.

more_horiz
I doubt we're talking about the same thing...

1. I buy the computer
2. I change the dvd driver to make more room in the case
3. I buy a new video card if I think that the card is too noisy. I'll thereby sell the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2 1GB and buy a new one - GTX 295 or something alike.
4. I'll add some extra ram memory

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
I doubt we're talking about the same thing...

1. I buy the computer
2. I change the dvd driver to make more room in the case
3. I buy a new video card if I think that the card is too noisy. I'll thereby sell the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2 1GB and buy a new one - GTX 295 or something alike.
4. I'll add some extra ram memory

Wouldn't you think that building your own instead of buying those Pre-DIY is better? u can go or lian li casing or modular powersupply. If u do your maths, I think u can get it at a cheaper price, not to mention better.

more_horiz
If u sell it 2nd hand, price will be greater reduced which have the same or even more damage as buying piece by piece. I understand where you are coming from but i think my suggestion is more logical.

more_horiz
Hm... well that card is quiet expensive so I am getting a good price for it. Nor am I an expert on components so I doubt it would go very well. I have some pretty heavy speakers already (Logitech X-530) and I'll probably buy a new pair of headset so I actually don't believe that the noise will disturb me when playing any games as it's really quiet when you're not overloading it with games. That would leave me to only buy a new dvd driver and some ram memory.

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Hm... well that card is quiet expensive so I am getting a good price for it. Nor am I an expert on components so I doubt it would go very well. I have some pretty heavy speakers already (Logitech X-530) and I'll probably buy a new pair of headset so I actually don't believe that the noise will disturb me when playing any games as it's really quiet when you're not overloading it with games. That would leave me to only buy a new dvd driver and some ram memory.

Well, that could be you, im just a noise hater>.>

more_horiz
Yes and I'm a noise hater too... I even got tinnitus. My point is that the sound and the situation probably will circle around the noise so it won't really matter.

EDIT: Could you possibly tell me what kind of dvd driver you think I should buy? (more precise than just sata)

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:

Could you possibly tell me what kind of dvd driver you think I should buy? (more precise than just sata)

err, speed dosnt matter much cause burning at a lower speed have lesser chance of file corruption. You can get those which support almost everykind of DVD (R+&-, RW, Double Layer, dual layer, DVD ram). a lightscribe would be nice Smile...

LG, Samsung, Pioneer(not sure about still selling ornot). Just dont buy those noname brand which u cant claim warranty if anything happens.

more_horiz
Ok thanks.

I also need a sound card as I don't think there was one in the packet :S I have the sound system Logitech X-530 (5.1, surround) and a mic so that's pretty much what it needs to handle...

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Ok thanks.

I also need a sound card as I don't think there was one in the packet :S I have the sound system Logitech X-530 (5.1, surround) and a mic so that's pretty much what it needs to handle...

logitech isnt so famous for sound card, i suggest u get asus xonar, creative X-Fi or auzentech. Cheesy Grin (sparkly These are just good cards at an affordable price imo.

more_horiz
mhm... what a stupid mistake... the sound card was already in-built ^^

EDIT: It feels like this thread could live forever but I found another computer for a better price... tell me what you think Smile...

In-Win J649 ATX MidiTower black, USB2.0, Audio, Airduct, 120mm fan (Without PSU)
Corsair Powersupply 650W TXEU Black BULK, ATX/EPS, 140mm Fan, 8xSATA, SLI
AMD Phenom II X4 920, 125W, AM2+, 8MB Cache, 2,8Ghz, Boxed with fan
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4, Socket-AM2+/AM3, AMD 790X+SB750, DDR2, ATX, GbLAN, Firewire, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16
Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 4096MB, Kit m/två CL5 2GB Dimm's, E.P.P and DHX
Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, VGA, HDMI, HDCP, Lite-Retail
Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B 1TB, 7200Rpm, 16MB Cache, SATA
Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S222L/BEBN, Dual, Lightscribe, Black, Bulk
Antistatic Armchain 180cm

My question is if it will be more quiet, run crysis on highest graphics and how good it is compared to the other packet in general.

Last edited by InsanityVonMike on 28th April 2009, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
mhm... what a stupid mistake... the sound card was already in-built ^^

U could always plug in an internal audio card if you are an audiophile. Better sound quality than integrated.

more_horiz
Yeah but I'll try to keep it cheap at the same time...

you noticed my edit right?

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Yeah but I'll try to keep it cheap at the same time...

you noticed my edit right?

yep, but go for HD4770 instead of HD4850, it hell of a card.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-hd4770.html

Priced at 100USD and you get 90-100% of the performance of HD4850. It should be selling hotter than pancakes soon enough.

www.xbitlabs.com[/mention] wrote:
Highs:

* Best performance in its price range;
* Significantly outperforms Radeon HD 4830 and GeForce 9800 GT;
* Competes successfully against GeForce GTS 250 512MB;
* Yields slightly to Radeon HD 4850;
* Wide range of supported FSAA modes;
* Best Edge-detect CFAA in the industry;
* 40nm GPU production technology;
* 512MB of local GDDR5 video memory onboard;
* 640 ALU and 32 texture processors;
* DirectX 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1 support;
* Fully-fledged hardware HD video decoding;
* High-quality HD video post-processing with scalability;
* Built-in 8-channel audio controller with HD support;
* Sound over HDMI;
* Good overclocking potential;
* Low noise;
* Low power consumption.

Lows:

* No serious drawbacks found.

more_horiz
I dont believe you can run crysis to ultra high unless your using dual GPU card. Go for xfire HD4770 which only cost 200USD, a killer for the price. However, your cant support ultra high at high resolution eccept using 2x4870, 4870x2, 2x4890 or GTX285(just made it), 2xGTX260 core 216, GTX295 for nvidia. Even the GTX295 have problem in high resolution with ultra high settings.(20-30fps max)

more_horiz
Ok so let's assume that I buy the packet which I was talking about. Everything is good in the packet except the graphics card which can "only" run crysis at very high settings and not ultra... the card is supported by crossfire (?) so I buy an extra card when I get the cashflow and then, I will most likely be able to play crysis on ultra high settings... am I correct?

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Ok so let's assume that I buy the packet which I was talking about. Everything is good in the packet except the graphics card which can "only" run crysis at very high settings and not ultra... the card is supported by crossfire (?) so I buy an extra card when I get the cashflow and then, I will most likely be able to play crysis on ultra high settings... am I correct?

yep, get hd4770, 30% cheaper but around the same performance Smile...

more_horiz
Ok, I trust your judgment that it's as good as the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512mb... if you compare the two packets that are shown below (don't mind the graphics card), which one is best?

Packet 1

In-Win J649 ATX MidiTower black, USB2.0, Audio, Airduct, 120mm fan (Without PSU)
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4, Socket-AM2+/AM3, AMD 790X+SB750, DDR2, ATX, GbLAN, Firewire, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16
Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, VGA, HDMI, HDCP, Lite-Retail

Packet 2

Cooler Master Centurion 590 Black, Aluminium Front (Without PSU)
Seasonic S12Energy+ PSU 650W, 120mm Fan, ATX/EPS, 2xPCI-E, 6xSATA, 20/24pin
AMD Phenom™️ II X3 720 Black Edition, Triple Core, 2,8Ghz, AM3, 95W, Boxed
Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB CL5, Kit w/two matched CM2X2048-6400 Dimm's
Sapphire Radeon HD 4850X2 1GB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI, HDMI, HDCP, Full-Retail
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-UD3H, Socket-AM2+/AM3, AMD 780G+SB700, ATX, DDR2 , Firewire, GbLAN, HDMI, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-300, 16MB, 7200RPM

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Ok, I trust your judgment that it's as good as the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512mb... if you compare the two packets that are shown below (don't mind the graphics card), which one is best?

Packet 1

Packet 2

Cooler Master Centurion 590 Black, Aluminium Front (Without PSU)
Seasonic S12Energy+ PSU 650W, 120mm Fan, ATX/EPS, 2xPCI-E, 6xSATA, 20/24pin
AMD Phenom™️ II X3 720 Black Edition, Triple Core, 2,8Ghz, AM3, 95W, Boxed
Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB CL5, Kit w/two matched CM2X2048-6400 Dimm's
Sapphire Radeon HD 4850X2 1GB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI, HDMI, HDCP, Full-Retail
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-UD3H, Socket-AM2+/AM3, AMD 780G+SB700, ATX, DDR2 , Firewire, GbLAN, HDMI, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-300, 16MB, 7200RPM

Packet 1 wins under the condition that you are deciding to crossfire, just add 1 more card if u have cash and you can start fragging.
Packet 2 may be better but it has reached its limit.

The Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 is really a good mobo for crossfire and gigabyte's known top notch quality.

more_horiz
Ok so in what points is the packet 2 better? (even thou packet 1 already won the battle)

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Ok so in what points is the packet 2 better? (even thou packet 1 already won the battle)
]
As i said graphic card is the main component for 3d gaming which packet 2 lead by having 2 graphic card preloaded.

more_horiz
Yes of course but I wanted you to exclude the graphics card Smile... As far as I can tell, packet 1 beats packet 2 in everything else...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum