Hi I hope someone can help. I don't know very much about computers but I can't afford to get it fixed and may have lost access to all my files. I can't go through the cryptor virus thread because I can't get the computer to start so I can't follow the advice given. I'm writing this on my daughters laptop which I have set up as a temporary replacement. A couple of days ago my comuter started to freeze and do strange things I did an AVG scan and it found the virus 16 times very early into the scan but everytime before the scan finished the computer froze and I had to turn it off and start again eventually after about 10 tries it just stopped starting, it starts little then there is a momentary blue screen flash too fast to read then it offers a few different start up types on an oldfashioned black screen then it goes in to a sort of loop continually trying to start (the main message on the black start up screen is the computer did not close properly) The thing is I need to try to get it to start before I can do anything to try to get rid of the virus. I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me inthe simplest way possible how or if it will start again.I hope this first post is not too long I don't really use forums very much. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by jackie 2010 on 17th April 2009, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : caps lock and spelling)