WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionError message when I try to move a file from my desktop to and external harddriv EmptyError message when I try to move a file from my desktop to and external harddriv

more_horiz
Im trying to move all my movies into a new 500gb harddrive that I recently bought. Its a high def movie so its size is 7gb, when I try to move it I get an error message saying file is too large for destination file system. What am I doing wrong? How can I move these big files into my external Hardrive? My OS is windows vista if that helps.

descriptionError message when I try to move a file from my desktop to and external harddriv EmptyRe: Error message when I try to move a file from my desktop to and external harddriv

more_horiz
What file system is the external? I'm guessing FAT32.
You can't move files bigger than 4gb on FAT32, if you want to transfer, then it has to be NTFS.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Error message when I try to move a file from my desktop to and external harddriv DXwU4
Error message when I try to move a file from my desktop to and external harddriv VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum