WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInfected with Seneka virus - Page 1 EmptyRe: Infected with Seneka virus

more_horiz
I don't think so, I would of noticed an autorun.inf in DDS.

But plug the USB stick into this infected machine and run this tool, it will protect the USB stick.

Please download Flash_Disinfector from HERE

• First, download it to your desktop.
  • Now double click it to run it and will tell it you what to do when you open it.
  • It will temporarily kill explorer.exe and your desktop will go blank.
  • Let Flash_Disinfector do it's job and it will restart explorer.exe for you.
  • It will make a dummy autorun.inf in the root of every drive.
  • You can now delete Flash_Disinfector.exe.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Infected with Seneka virus - Page 1 DXwU4
Infected with Seneka virus - Page 1 VvYDg

descriptionInfected with Seneka virus - Page 1 EmptyRe: Infected with Seneka virus

more_horiz
Thank you.

For everything, your help, your time, and the additional resources you provided. You've been a lifesaver.

My husband and I discussed it, and we've decided to just put this computer to the side and get a new one soon. It's over two years old anyway, and it would probably save us a big hassle in the long run. This time, however, I'm going to save up and get the best possible protection...anti-EVERYTHING software, no matter the price. I know the possibility is always there, but this just shows I obviously wasn't being careful enough.

Thanks again. Smile...

Oh, and I forgot to ask, is there any security software that you would personally recommend? I really want to do this right.

more_horiz
Slow down.
DO NOT purchase un-needed software.
Too many anti-spyware's will slow the system down, and running more than one anti-virus is dangerous, they can conflict and cause more problems again.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Hmmm...I see.

Well then, is there a select few that you would highly recommend? Smile...

more_horiz
FOR AV:

1) Antivir PersonalEditionClassic
-Free anti-virus software for Windows.
-Detects and removes more than 50,000 viruses. Free support.
2) avast! 4 Home Edition
-Anti-virus program for Windows.
-The home edition is freeware for noncommercial user.

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts.

FOR AS:

SuperAntiSpyware - Awesome for on demend scanning, is updated everyday, good detection rate.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Malware bytes anti-malware - Same reason.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

more_horiz
Thank you, I will definitely consider these next time.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum