WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLaptop HOT EmptyLaptop HOT

more_horiz
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ290 I bought around Thanksgiving 2007, lately it's been getting VERY HOT. The power mode I am usually on is balanced so it's using half the energy but it still gets too hot to touch...I don't think that's normal. I tried opening and cleaning the fan but it didn't do much. The only thing I do now is use the lowest possible power setting to keep it cool but I can't have a lot of things opened or it'll freeze. Should I get a new fan or is there something I can try first? (Poor college student) If I must, where do you recommend I can get one for this laptop? Thank you so much...technology hates me Sad tearing

descriptionLaptop HOT EmptyRe: Laptop HOT

more_horiz
Instead of getting a new fan, you could get an external fan. There are usually 3 or 2 fans on the board which is used to be placed beneath the laptop, most of the time USB powered.

Also, remember to place your laptop on a hard surface like a table, not your lap or on the bed.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Laptop HOT Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum