WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionGeneric12.AZCN - Page 1 EmptyRe: Generic12.AZCN

more_horiz
Done, scan in progress
( i wanted anything else than the new avg anyway, such a bloatware ...)

more_horiz
Do you want to see antivir log ?
It seems there is a lot of false positive (mostly dev tools, and things like upx)
In brief , is there some well know false positive with antivir ? (like packed executable)

more_horiz
Nah, don't need to see it.
UPX sets of alot of virus scanners, one of our tools was packed in UPX, but the developer changed it.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Generic12.AZCN - Page 1 DXwU4
Generic12.AZCN - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Hello, sadly i'm back
everything was running fine, and suddenly when working antivir crashed
i cannot reinstall it each time i install it says the setup was modified by the virus.

i really need to find a way to get rid of that thing ...

as a further note i need to say i was very careful i ran nothing from the hard disk, all soft were redownloaded

horrible thing .......

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:45:39 AM, on 2/5/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe
C:\temp\procexp.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\fjmm.exe \s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [vxvffpqw.exe] C:\WINDOWS\vxvffpqw.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [vxvffpqw.exe] C:\WINDOWS\vxvffpqw.exe (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O23 - Service: Planificateur Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
O24 - Desktop Component AutorunsDisabled: (no name) - (no file)

--
End of file - 2221 bytes

more_horiz
Hello.

• Open HijackThis
  • Choose "Do a system scan only"
  • Check the boxes in front of these lines:

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\fjmm.exe \s
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [vxvffpqw.exe] C:\WINDOWS\vxvffpqw.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [vxvffpqw.exe] C:\WINDOWS\vxvffpqw.exe (User 'Default user')
    O24 - Desktop Component AutorunsDisabled: (no name) - (no file)

• Press "Fix Checked"
  • Close Hijack This.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Forced to reinstall again, mbam destroyed some infected system files.

But what is bothering me is right now on the new install there is absolutely no problem, how come antivir is not able to detect the infection when it arrives ?

more_horiz
There is so many ways round an AV.
Please install some protection programs.

Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer in order to prevent future malware infections. Please take these recommendations seriously; these few simple steps can stave off the vast majority of spyware problems. As happy as we are to help you, for your sake we would rather not have repeat customers. Goofy

1) Please navigate to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download all the "critical updates" for Windows. This can patch many of the security holes through which attackers can gain access to your computer.

Please either enable Automatic Updates under Start -> Control Panel -> Automatic Updates , or get into the habit of checking for Windows updates regularly. I cannot stress enough how important this is.

2) In order to protect yourself against spyware, you should consider installing and running the following free programs:

Ad-Aware SE
A tutorial on using Ad-Aware to remove spyware from your computer may be found here.

Spybot-Search & Destroy
A tutorial on using Spybot to remove spyware from your computer may be found here. Please also remember to enable Spybot's "Immunize" and "TeaTimer" features.

SpywareBlaster
A tutorial on using SpywareBlaster to prevent spyware from ever installing on your computer may be found here.

SpywareGuard
A tutorial on using SpywareGuard for realtime protection against spyware and hijackers may be found here.

Make sure to keep these programs up-to-date and to run them regularly, as this can prevent a great deal of spyware hassle.

3) Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in popup blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from here:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
I also recommand the following add-ons for Firefox, they will help keep you safe from malicious scripts or activeX exploits.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

4) Also make sure to run your antivirus software regularly, and to keep it up-to-date.

To help you keep your software updated, please considering using this free software program that will check for program updates.
Update Checker

5) Finally, consider maintaining a firewall. Some good free firewalls are Kerio, or
Outpost
A tutorial on understanding and using firewalls may be found here.

Please also read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place

If you would take a moment to fill out our feedback form, we would appreciate it.
The link can be found here.

Hopefully this should take care of your problems! Good luck. Big Grin

more_horiz
Erm not finished. I did a full scan after install, zero virus.
installed updated acrobat reader, java, and suddenly antivir shut down again
"
antivir cannot be found
it has been modified or destroyed
"

It's like my computer is under attack ..

more_horiz
Hmmm.
Is this machine on a router?

If so, do you switch it off at night?

more_horiz
no router, but machine always off when i'm not here

more_horiz
and anyway i connected only 30 min total since i reinstalled, i went nowhere , only downloaded things from trusted sources, namely opera, acrobat, java, .period.

more_horiz
I'm not blaming your surfing.
Malware these days hijacks routers, so it makes it harder for us to find the problem, that's why I asked.
If no router, how does this machine connect? dial-up?

more_horiz
ok , lot's of personnal investigation, found it
so if you see the same problem another time :
here is the explanation :

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=virutdg7.jpg

win32/Virut.NBK ,new strain

detected by nothing but NOD32

i got 632 infected exe in only 4 days

Hope that can help someone else.

And good luck !

PS: it infect ANYTHING that is launch when the computer is already infected, need to reinstall prior to scan, all anti-spy/antivir/misc tools were all infected

more_horiz
Yep, that's what Virut does.
I notice it's a zipped file, does it have exe/scr files inside the zip? they may be infected too. Sad tearing

more_horiz
i zipped the infected exe prior to sending, don't want to click on that inadvertly !

Computer is definitively clean now.
that thing is not coming back it seems.

more_horiz
Good, lets keep it that way. Hooray! Delete that file, it could the a new virut dropper.

Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer in order to prevent future malware infections. Please take these recommendations seriously; these few simple steps can stave off the vast majority of spyware problems. As happy as we are to help you, for your sake we would rather not have repeat customers. Goofy

1) Please navigate to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download all the "critical updates" for Windows. This can patch many of the security holes through which attackers can gain access to your computer.

Please either enable Automatic Updates under Start -> Control Panel -> Automatic Updates , or get into the habit of checking for Windows updates regularly. I cannot stress enough how important this is.

2) In order to protect yourself against spyware, you should consider installing and running the following free programs:

Ad-Aware SE
A tutorial on using Ad-Aware to remove spyware from your computer may be found here.

Spybot-Search & Destroy
A tutorial on using Spybot to remove spyware from your computer may be found here. Please also remember to enable Spybot's "Immunize" and "TeaTimer" features.

SpywareBlaster
A tutorial on using SpywareBlaster to prevent spyware from ever installing on your computer may be found here.

SpywareGuard
A tutorial on using SpywareGuard for realtime protection against spyware and hijackers may be found here.

Make sure to keep these programs up-to-date and to run them regularly, as this can prevent a great deal of spyware hassle.

3) Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in popup blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from here:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
I also recommand the following add-ons for Firefox, they will help keep you safe from malicious scripts or activeX exploits.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

4) Also make sure to run your antivirus software regularly, and to keep it up-to-date.

To help you keep your software updated, please considering using this free software program that will check for program updates.
Update Checker

5) Finally, consider maintaining a firewall. Some good free firewalls are Kerio, or
Outpost
A tutorial on understanding and using firewalls may be found here.

Please also read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place

If you would take a moment to fill out our feedback form, we would appreciate it.
The link can be found here.

Hopefully this should take care of your problems! Good luck. Big Grin

more_horiz
Since this issue has been addressed, a "solved" tag will be added and this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Generic12.AZCN - Page 1 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum