WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNew Ram For Computer Causes it to Crash EmptyNew Ram For Computer Causes it to Crash

more_horiz
I bought new 2 1GB ram for my computer that can only have max of 2GB and every time i turn on my computer it will turn into the blue screen that says that it has to shut down to prevent damage. After i reset the computer it runs fine but the ram that i have bought doesn't seem to make my computer run any better. I bought the correct type of ram and everything. Can you please help? Sad tearing

descriptionNew Ram For Computer Causes it to Crash EmptyRe: New Ram For Computer Causes it to Crash

more_horiz
Can you get me the error message of the blue screen for me? I could troubleshoot the problem more efficiently.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

New Ram For Computer Causes it to Crash Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionNew Ram For Computer Causes it to Crash EmptyRe: New Ram For Computer Causes it to Crash

more_horiz
do you want me to type out what it says?

more_horiz
Yes.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
OK its cut off when it list the Technical information (the beginning part of it)
it says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is
identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check
with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video
adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable
SOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need
to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

* STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80635A9D, 0xBA51F994, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
assistance.

more_horiz
I used to have a blue screen when I got my new RAM, turns out it's voltage was too low, so I had to adjust it in my BIOS. Why not you try to do the same?

Also, what operating system are you using?

more_horiz
i have windows XP, and i have no idea how to adject the BIOS. and when you got the new ram did it feel like it didnt really change the performance of your computer?

more_horiz
My PC is self-assembled so I couldn't tell if there was any difference in performance. When I got it all up and running, it kept giving me blue screens. I adjusted the voltage of the RAM and problem solved.

It could be that your RAM are not seated properly in the slots.

I also did a quick search on Google and found that a guy solved his problem after removing a certain malware, perhaps you are infected.

How much RAM were you having previously?

Download the Crucial RAM scanner and post your results back here

http://images.crucial.com/drivers/CrucialScan.exe

Also give me your motherboard model.

more_horiz
The ram is seated properly in the motherboard. I had checked my systems and it updated how much ram i had. I probably do need to adjust the voltage on my computer. I dont have any malware on my computer, the last time i had one was the Win32.zafi.b but you guys told me how to get rid of it

I had 1GB of ram before i upgraded it to 2GB.

The Results where

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
* Currently Installed Memory: 2GB
* Available Memory Slots: 0
* Number of Banks: 2
* Dual Channel Support: No
* CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
* CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz Model 4, Stepping 7
* CPU Speed: 2666 MHz

Q: Will my system recognize the maximum upgrade?

A: Possibly

How much memory your Windows OS will recognize depends on which version of Windows you are running. 32-bit versions of Windows will see (and utilize) only 3GB or 3.5GB. To utilize more memory, install a 64-bit version of your OS. More information about OS memory maximums can be found at http://www.crucial.com/kb/answer.aspx?qid=4251.

Currently installed memory:

1GB
DDR PC2-5300
1GB
DDR PC2-5300

Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300,DDR2 PC2-6400 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

My mother board is:
Chipset type ATI Radeon Xpress 200
Data bus speed 533.0 MHz

Sorry if any information is wrong im not very good with computers.

more_horiz
cookies123 wrote:
I bought new 2 1GB ram for my computer that can only have max of 2GB and every time i turn on my computer it will turn into the blue screen that says that it has to shut down to prevent damage. After i reset the computer it runs fine but the ram that i have bought doesn't seem to make my computer run any better. I bought the correct type of ram and everything. Can you please help? Sad tearing

There are a few issue's that could be causing your problems here (Assuming the modules are mobo compatible)!

Try some of these troubleshooting techniques:

(1) Try changing DIMM slots for the modules, also try running one module at a time in differing DIMMS.

(2) Are the manufacturing brands of your new sticks the same? Are they the same brand as your old modules?

You wont notice a great increase in system performance by simply adding an extra gig of RAM......I have a desktop that runs 2 gig and a lappy that runs 3 and there ain't a lot of noticeable difference in performance on the topside accept maybe when a heap of multi-tasking comes into play.

Regards

more_horiz
The two new ram sticks that i bought are the exact same and they are compatible with my computer but they arent the same brand as the ones that came with the computer. I am thinking that trying to change the BIOS settings suggested by Doctor Inferno to see if that helps, but i dont know how to Sad tearing

more_horiz
I would try flashing the bios with the latest version for your chipset!

Some motherboards are very fussy in the types of manufacturers of RAM they accept.

http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Hardware-Guides/Why-and-How-to-Flash-Your-BIOS/

Your old modules are a different manufacturer you say, were they also DDR PC2-5300 or have you upgraded in speed as well?

If your trying to use the old modules in combination with the new one's, this will also cause issues!

Regards

more_horiz
the two new ram sticks are both DDR PC2-5300 and exactly the same. im not running them with the old sticks. i really dont understand the BIOS flashing process. my computer manufacturer does not release any updates for the BIOS. i know my BIOS is Phoenix though. thats all i could find out.

more_horiz
http://biosagentplus.com/?ref=302&PHPSESSID=5b4t1rocc2vgq32i91nbtua4a1

Post your system specs to me using this freeware app! (Be sure to include mobo, chipset and bios version detected)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Free_Edition_d4181.html

more_horiz
here were the results of the scan. i didnt do the second link because i didnt know what to do.

BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award
BIOS Date: May 16th 2006
BIOS ID: 05/16/2006-RC410-SB450-6A665M49C-00-None
BIOS OEM: W7248AG2 V1.0K 051606 17:31:49 - W7248AG2 1.0K
Chipset: VIA 82C3044 rev 128
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: Gateway
Motherboard: GT4024

BIOS and 14 Device Driver Updates are available for this computer.

JOHN (system summary) Good Bad Download
BIOS
Phoenix-Award Bad Download

Disk Drives
Apple iPod USB Device Good
Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Good
Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Good
Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Good
Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Good
ST3250824A Good
Display adapters
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series Bad Download
DVD/CD-ROM drives
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S Good
Human Interface Devices
HID Non-User Input Data Filter Bad Download
USB Human Interface Device Good
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
ATI IDE Controller Bad Download
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Bad Download
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Bad Download
Keyboards
Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (IntelliType Pro) Good Download
Modems
Agere Systems PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem Bad Download
Monitors
Plug and Play Monitor Bad Download
Network adapters
(ZD1211)IEEE 802.11b g USB Adapter #2 Bad Download
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Bad Download
Ports
Communications Port (COM1) Good
Printer Port (LPT1) Good
Processors
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz Good
Sound, video and game controllers
Realtek High Definition Audio Bad Download
System Devices
ATI SMBus Good Download
VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller Good
Universal Serial Bus controllers
Multimedia Card Reader Bad Download
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Notes
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Good
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Good
USB Composite Device Good
USB Mass Storage Device Good
Disconnected Devices
Apple Mobile Device USB Driver Good
Apple iPod USB Driver Good
Controller Bad Download
EPSON Stylus CX3700/CX3800 Good Download
EPSON Stylus CX3800 Series Bad Download
FUJITSU MHM2200AT USB Device Good
Generic USB Hub Good
HID Keyboard Device Good
HID-compliant device Good
HID-compliant game controller Good Download
HID-compliant mouse Good
HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4165B Good
LEXAR JUMPDRIVE SECURE USB Device Good
LaCie USB Hard Drive Good Download
Motorola USB Remote NDIS Network Device Good
NDS Link Good Download
PS/2 Compatible Mouse Good
Plug and Play Monitor Good
Plug and Play Monitor Bad Download
SONY "PSP" MS USB Device Good
SanDisk Cruzer Titanium USB Device Good
Sony PSP USB Device Good
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard Good
USB Composite Device Good Download
USB Human Interface Device Good Download
USB Printing Support Good Download
Unknown Device Good

more_horiz
Sorry for the delay, can you please also include the RAM info taken from the software analysis!

Regards

more_horiz
For the second web link i downloaded and installed the program and it said that the program didnt support my chipset. Is that going to be a problem? you want me to link the Ram results for the EVEREST program right?

more_horiz
Yeah.... i would just like to check out some hardware compatibility specs for my own research on this matter!

Then i can move to software hic's!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum