WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVista x64 networking issues EmptyVista x64 networking issues

more_horiz
I just bought a new HP m9402f and it has built-in wireless internet. My house router is an Apple Airport that we have used for years. When I start up my computer, my home network from the router is detected on the computer. However, when I go to Networking and Sharing, it says "Identifying Network" and it keeps me from accessing the internet. Eventually it accessed the internet, but called it an "Unidentified Network" and ran so terribly slow that I could swear I was on dial-up. On my previous computer (it was a Dell), I had a Linksys USB wireless adapter hooked to it, and though it always only had about 2 bars of a signal (just like I have now with the HP), the internet speed could run laps around what I'm getting now with the HP and its built-in wireless. Is there an issue with HP wireless and Apple Airports? If so, I have no idea how to get into the Apple router to configure it. Would it be just as easy for me to just download Vista x64 drivers for my Linksys adapter and just use that on the new HP instead of the built-in wireless card? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

descriptionVista x64 networking issues EmptyRe: Vista x64 networking issues

more_horiz
Did you previously remove any Norton or other antivirus products?

What is your router's model? You may need to upgrade it's firmware.

Try to temporary disable all antivirus products.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Vista x64 networking issues Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Sorry I've been so slow. I have an Apple Airport, but it appears to be an issue with the network card on my computer, because I plugged in a USB Linksys adapter, and the internet is much faster. However now I have to find an adapter that works with x64 Vista since I'm using 3rd party drivers for this thing and it keeps disconnecting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Otherwise, I guess you can consider this topic solved.

more_horiz
I think the card that comes with the hp m9402f is just not that strong. My computer is about 35 feet away from the router.

more_horiz
Drivers for Vista X64 is difficult to find so I guess the 3rd party driver is the only one that actually works, so you will have to use it.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Vista x64 networking issues Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum