WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMy DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write EmptyMy DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write

more_horiz
HI Doc

I m using a compaq laptop, it is having a funny problem, It can only write HP (Helvett Packard) DVD-R and when i put a SONY Blank DVD-R, my laptop doesnt detect and freezes the programme

Kindly revert

Rgds
Tarzan

descriptionMy DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write EmptyRe: My DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write

more_horiz
My laptop has the same problem, it's a RW but can only make images. LMBO or ROFL So I bought myself an external USB writer - hasn't let me down yet.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
My DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write DXwU4
My DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write VvYDg

descriptionMy DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write EmptyRe: My DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write

more_horiz
What is the model of your DVD drive and laptop? What software are you using?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

My DVD wirter reads but CANNOT write Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
hi Doc
The details of my DVD writer is as below

Drive E:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded No
Media Type CD-ROM
Name TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632H
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate Not Available
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_CDDVDW_TS-L632H________________HS02____\5&29CB99A9&0&0.0.0
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108), 61.50 KB (62,976 bytes), 8/4/2004 8:29 AM)

I M using WINDOWS XP SP3

Thanks in advance buddy!!!!!

more_horiz
Hello.
I'm not too good with hardware, but I think that's the problem.

It's a CD-ROM, you might need to do what I did and get an external DVD-ROM, it will have updated firmware.

more_horiz
Belahzur wrote:
Hello.

It's a CD-ROM, you might need to do what I did and get an external DVD-ROM, it will have updated firmware.

What he said. 😉

more_horiz
hmmm thanks anyways, but can u tell me how to update the firmware, is it updating the BIOS, coz i hv done that

more_horiz
Click the link below to download the firmware:

ftp://ftp.teac.co.jp/pub/dspd/download/utility/cdrom/UPDAT009.EXE

more_horiz
thanks again!!!!

more_horiz
DOC,
The link u gave me was for 95 & 98 , i m using XP SP3

more_horiz
Oops! Sorry about that.

I found a firmware and noticed out that you are already having the latest version of the firmware in the information you provided above. So you do not need to flash your firmware.

more_horiz
no probs, thanx doc

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
Belahzur wrote:
Hello.

What he said. 😉

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum