WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan't connect to internet or network after removing Trojan.Zlob.G EmptyCan't connect to internet or network after removing Trojan.Zlob.G

more_horiz
From last post in the malware forum HERE "Ok, there is a problem with the belkin stuff. This last summer, my CDROM drive stopped working and I was never able to figure it out, so I decided to just not fix it and get a new one sometime this year because when I had a one of the heads of the computer technology department at my university look at it, he said that neither he nor any of the other professors could figure out what happened and that the drive probably just died. So, I don't have a CDROM, so I can't reinstall my belkin software using the disk. I tried downloading drivers from the belkin site and also tried to copy the material from the CD and then put them on my computer via flash drive, however, neither have worked. So I'm really at a loss and am starting to feel a little on edge, considering I have projects I need to finish this week and I require a reliable access to the internet to do complete them. I don't know where to search or what to do; I just spent the last few hours trying to fix this newly arrived belkin problem so I can get back to preparing for my finals with no success whatso ever. What can you guys do for me. I'm starting to miss the malware problem, at least I still had the internet with it ^_^'.

The wireless device I use is Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter."

I followed the instructions using HackThis and ComboFix, but in the end I went from having an annoying pop-up while online, to nope being online at all and apparently a few drivers for my belkin software and hardware, as well as my PC's ability to have a default wireless connection, which is previous had, are all messed up and gone. Basically, I'm WAY worse off than I was before. I really need help with this!

descriptionCan't connect to internet or network after removing Trojan.Zlob.G EmptyRe: Can't connect to internet or network after removing Trojan.Zlob.G

more_horiz
O_o It took me several hours and a few hundred times of moving my flash drive back and forth from the laptop to the desktop, but I managed to get the adapter working again and fixed the problems in device manager. Digital signature is a real b*#** sometimes! In anycase, I think that my Belkin folder in my now may have about 50 extra files in it now, which is funny because the original problem was that it was missing a few files. I'm not sure if this will cause any other problems, and oh god I hope not, but if there is that possibility, I'd really like for you guys to tell me what should and should not be in there. Just tell me if I need to make a log of some sort, or perhaps a screen shot, list, what have you. Eh?

descriptionCan't connect to internet or network after removing Trojan.Zlob.G EmptyRe: Can't connect to internet or network after removing Trojan.Zlob.G

more_horiz
I found what you need in matter of seconds......What seems to be the problem with a simple driver install for your Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter!

http://www.belkin.com/support/product/?lid=en&pid=F5D9050&scid=223

Computers require patience and understanding.....getting all flustered up will get you no where.

There are simple instructions that you can follow to set things up......you dont need a crappy install disc.

If you have any further problems, let us know!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum