WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWhat Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes EmptyWhat Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes

more_horiz
I keep getting these random crashes while playing WOW. The machine just dies like it's trying to reboot without losing power so i and up looking at a dead screen. I then have to hard reboot. I opened up my event viewer and get these as the cause. Event ID 7026 and 7001.

This is the 7001 error

The Windows Service Pack Installer update service service depends on the Security Accounts Manager service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

This is the 7026 error

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Beep

Further details say they are resulting from file name netevent.dll version 5.1.2600.0 In the Windows Service Control Manager. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be a fix mentioned so hopefully you guys can help me out again.

Chris

descriptionWhat Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes EmptyRe: What Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes

more_horiz
I will be looking into this issue for you, what operating system are you running while this problem occurs? Is it Windows XP?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

What Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionWhat Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes EmptyRe: What Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes

more_horiz
Yes it is Windows XP

more_horiz
I found a version of netevent.dll online. I downloaded it but am not going to install it or do anything radical until I hear back from you on how to fix the error. I did some routine maintenance such as a spyware scan, registry cleaner and defragger as well as ran a tracks eraser program. I'm not sure if any of those worked as of yet. I'll go under the assumption that the answer is no. Hope to hear from you soon.

Chris

more_horiz
I believe this problem may have been caused by Windows XP SP3. Did this happen after installing SP3?

Are you using any 3rd party drivers instead of the ones provided by hardware manufacturer?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
This only happens when I play World of Warcraft so I can't verify if it started with SP3 or not. As far as 3rd party drivers I am not using anything other than the original manufacturers.

more_horiz
When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are a number of programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the boot up. These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs.

When you perform a clean boot, you prevent these programs from starting automatically. To restart your computer by using a clean boot procedure, follow these steps when you are using Windows XP.

Click Start, click Run, type “msconfig” in the Open
box, and then click OK.
1. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

2. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the following check boxes:
-Process SYSTEM.INI File.
-Process WIN.INI File.

3. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

4.Click on Startup and then click on Disable all.

5.Click OK, and then click on Restart.

Start the game again and see what happens.

more_horiz
It is still occurring.

more_horiz
I have a strong hunch this has to do with SP3 installed. Try uninstalling it if you really want WOW to work.

more_horiz
If I uninstall SP3 won't I become vulnerable to all kinds of crap?

more_horiz
That is if you want to try and see if WOW works.

more_horiz
I am running the newest expansion and SP3 is required in order for it to work. I got to thinking though; I replaced my graphics card a few months back, since the old one got hot and the fan fell off. I guess you could say it burned up. I installed all the software that cam with the video card etc. I'm wondering if there could be some interference from that. Otherwise I'm completely clueless. Is there a way to repair or reinstall all of my service host management programs without having to format my hard drive?

more_horiz
OK. I playing WoW too. Had same problem.

• Go inside your WoW Folder. Most like C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft.
  • Find folder with this name " WTF" and another " Cashe".
  • Select both of them , holding CTRL and click on them, and hit " Delete" on your keyboard, or delete one by one.
  • Now start WoW.exe and play !

What Gives? Odd event errors and random crashes V45u80

more_horiz
did that didn't help the problem. I do thank you for your advice though, I'll give it another try.

more_horiz
Do you have last Driver for your Graphic Card ? Ar you sure game work fine to your friend ?

more_horiz
I updated a bunch of drivers last night. When updating to the latest driver for my graphics card WOW wouldn't work at all said it was an unsupported graphics display, whatever that means. I am going to delete the WTF files and Cache again since I updated multiple drivers. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help on this. Hopefully it will work itself out soon.

more_horiz
OK. Or better to delete whole WoW, and install it again.

more_horiz
Men i have solution for your problem, maybe it works !

• Go inside your WoW folder.
  • Find "Repair.exe" and Run it with double- left click.
  • Mark all on list.
  • Click on " Reset and Check files "
  • Wait 10 min and try to run WoW again.
  • Delete your Cashe and WTF folder again.

more_horiz
I'll try this too, I would like to explore options before doing a clean install. I somehow feel it will take forever for all of the updates to download. It just seems I'm running out of options, and Blizzard is no help.

more_horiz
Blizzard won't help, i'm sure LMBO or ROFL

more_horiz
It's still happening. I read on the WoW Forums that if I disable my sound and run in windowed mode vs full screen it would help. I also followed all of Blizzard's Tech Fixes. It seems that there are more than 1000 people posting on this same issue and it appears to be the result of one of their patches. I did get 2 hours of play before it crashed.

more_horiz
Which patch you have now ?

more_horiz
I found a work around and haven't had any problems since I tried this. I had to of all things underclock my graphics card. That's right underclock. If other people have this problem and have gone through all of Blizzards fixes try this as a last resort. I used Rivatuner to make the changes so pass it along. I appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you!!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum