WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIncreased crashes/Lots of Internet Explorer Script Errors/Java Problems EmptyIncreased crashes/Lots of Internet Explorer Script Errors/Java Problems

more_horiz
Over the last 3-4 months my laptop has started to encounter a number of problems, especially in relation to the queries in the above subject header.

1. Sometimes IE looks like it's about to crash (I get a small white box in the top left hand corner) and it freezes for 10 or so seconds but then doesn't actually crash. On other occasions it does actually crash. I'm running XP Pro (SP3) and think I have IE6.

2. I'm getting lots of 'Internet Explorer Script Errors.' Especially on sites like Facebook when I want to enter a name in the search facility. One of the script errors pops up after every letter which is very annoying. It happens on a number of other sites too.

3. Java (may have a connection to point number 2?): Again, I keep on getting problems on certain sites such as logging in to hotmail or using youtube because of messages which relate to Java issues. I've done a bit of research on this via Sun and independent sites and checked my settings as described, but I still keep getting all the problems at certain times.

Any help on the above will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for now.

descriptionIncreased crashes/Lots of Internet Explorer Script Errors/Java Problems EmptyRe: Increased crashes/Lots of Internet Explorer Script Errors/Java Problems

more_horiz
Smells like malware... First of all, I would like you to get your PC checked in the malware removal forums.

In the mean time, you can use an alternative browser called Firefox, it's much faster in my opinion, so I suggest you give it a try.

www.mozilla.com/firefox/

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Increased crashes/Lots of Internet Explorer Script Errors/Java Problems Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionIncreased crashes/Lots of Internet Explorer Script Errors/Java Problems EmptyRe: Increased crashes/Lots of Internet Explorer Script Errors/Java Problems

more_horiz
Mr Inferno, are you asking me to run hijackthis and post my findings here or in that particular forum? Or are you not asking me either!? Sorry, I'm a novice at this stuff. Thanks.

more_horiz
Post your HijackThis log in the malware removal forum.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Increased crashes/Lots of Internet Explorer Script Errors/Java Problems Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum