WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSystem Build help EmptySystem Build help

more_horiz
Hello

i need some advice regarding what hardware and components to purchase.

i have won the Asus ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 TOP 2048MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) in a competition,

I have so far been able to work out what motherboard and Processor to buy

Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe/Wi-Fi AMD 790FX (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

processor (AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core 9950 2.60GHz Black Edition)

i am stuck as what to buy for, PSU, cooling, case, Ram etc.

any ideas for a powerful gaming PC will be much appreciated.

thanks

descriptionSystem Build help EmptyRe: System Build help

more_horiz
This new Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe platform still uses DDR2 memory but adds HyperTransport 3.0 support and split power lanes. so 2 x 1 gig corsair or kingston RAM modules should do the trick.
Heck....it will even support DDR2-1066/PC2-8500.

If your going to run a 64 bit OS then you could go for 4 gig of DDR2 or any combo up to 8 gig if you prefer, but i have never seen my 2 gig left wanting yet on any game!

I would go with a minimum 650 watt PSU of good branding such as an Antec or similar.

Try and avoid getting a generic PSU that comes with the case as they dont always cut the mustard once the pressure is on.

Go for a full ATX tower with good cooling facilities, ease of access and plenty of internal bays for HDD's and Opticals.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Antec-Nine-Hundred-Ultimate-Gaming-Case-Hytec-850W_W0QQitemZ370107788651QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Components?hash=item370107788651&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

All this is dependant on the amount of money your able to outlay for these components, but your off to a good start with a nice win on the vid card.

By the way, you can have up to four vid cards running in crossfire X on this mobo (4xPCI exp x16)!

If you so wanted, you could even connect 2 monitors to each graphics card and still take advantage of crossfire X......now that would be one cool gaming rig!

This is one sweet board for overclocking as well.

System Build help 95178202wr1

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fBZssxJxBfM

Good Luck

more_horiz
Since you've aready got a x2 graphic card, i would rather u go for a single PCIE slot. Now you need a dedicated processor which is still the good old Core2duo or Quadcore. An old quote of mine, "What the hell u overclocked for? the powerplant is burning more fuel and are you like running 2 Crysis on full spec on the same computer?"(excluding graphic designing/rendering).
AMD processors is still far behind intel's technology although its cheaper. AMD processor gets overheat more easily and often cause unstable performances. Due to the fact that your graphic card is X2, heat is often the problem. So, my overall advice is, make sure there is plenty of airflow and get a motherboard that fit your needs. just like Digitalocksmith said, a 650watts mps sufficient to last at least a couple of upgrades in the furture. A lian li full aluminium casing is also recommended as is maximize heat transfer. (in this cases, crashed in opinion is not personal as im just explaining my theory of advise.)

............................................................................................

System Build help MysigROG365x140withmark

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum