WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMicrosoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes EmptyMicrosoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes

more_horiz
(Computerworld) Microsoft Corp. last week publicly demonstrated Windows 7 for the first time, and company executives said that the planned operating system upgrade will reflect lessons learned from the rollout of Windows Vista.

In a speech at Microsoft's Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles, Windows development chief Steven Sinofsky said that some of the criticism targeted at the vendor over Vista was deserved.

Sinofsky acknowledged that Microsoft hadn't fully prepared its business partners for Vista's release, which resulted in incompatible applications and a lack of hardware drivers. It won't repeat that mistake with Windows 7, he said.

Microsoft also plans to modify its User Account Control security feature in Windows 7 so the tool is less disruptive than it is in Vista. Sinofsky said the company "went a little too far with UAC" in Vista, which can hit even authorized users with frequent pop-up windows containing security prompts and notices.

In an interview, Mike Nash, corporate vice president of Windows product management, said that Microsoft also won't make major changes to Windows 7 late in the development cycle, as it did with Vista.

"We're very disciplined this time," Nash said. In fact, a so-called pre-beta build of Windows 7 that was given to PDC attendees and will be handed out at this week's Windows Hardware Engineering Conference "is a feature-complete version" of the operating system, he said.

More: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=329309&source=NLT_MSFT&nlid=74

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Microsoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionMicrosoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes EmptyRe: Microsoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes

more_horiz
I heard from some beta testers that windows 7 is awesome

descriptionMicrosoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes EmptyRe: Microsoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes

more_horiz
I'm hoping the system requirements will be lesser this time.

............................................................................................

Microsoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
Agent Cosmic wrote:
I'm hoping the system requirements will be lesser this time.

As software coding content grows, so will the hardware requirements needed to run them......sad, but true!

more_horiz
"went a little too far with UAC"
"We're very disciplined this time,"

Wait, am I seeing this right? LMBO or ROFL
But yeah, I too am hoping they straighten this out and make it more user friendly.

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Microsoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes DXwU4
Microsoft: Windows 7 will fix, avoid Vista mistakes VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum