WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMicrosoft to Improve Vista's Problematic UAC in Windows 7 EmptyMicrosoft to Improve Vista's Problematic UAC in Windows 7

more_horiz
Microsoft plans to improve the much-maligned user account control (UAC) feature in the next version of its Windows client OS, acknowledging that the new security feature it built into Windows Vista has caused unnecessary problems for users.

On the company's Engineering Windows 7 blog, Microsoft called UAC one of the "most controversial" features of Vista, and said it will tweak UAC in Windows 7 so it works more closely with Microsoft's intended goal for the feature.

Microsoft added UAC to Vista in an effort to improve the security of the system and give people who are the primary users of a PC more control of its applications and settings. However, UAC turned out to be more of a headache for many users than a benefit.

"UAC was created with the intention of putting you in control of your system, reducing cost of ownership over time and improving the software ecosystem," according to the post, which is attributed to Ben Fathi, corporate vice president of development for Microsoft's Windows Core Operating System Division. "What we've learned is that we only got part of the way there in Vista and some folks think we accomplished the opposite."........

More: http://www.pcworld.com/article/152087/article.html?tk=nl_dnxnws

descriptionMicrosoft to Improve Vista's Problematic UAC in Windows 7 EmptyRe: Microsoft to Improve Vista's Problematic UAC in Windows 7

more_horiz
UAC works to stop standared user "messing" things up but when im sat at my PC and want to run say Sandboxie, have to confirm that i want to run a program just gets annoying, i havent got as far as turning it off just yet but this is something that does need addressing, if MS have a resolution in place/development then i would like to see this as an update for vista, i dont want to wait until Windows 7!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum