WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows XP won't update EmptyWindows XP won't update

more_horiz
I had a tdss virus last week and the wonderful guys here tried to help me get rid of it but after several attempts, downloaded several programs my computer crashed. I use Windows XP. I used my recovery CD to get Windows to start again. It told me to repair it but I didn't use the original Windows CD but a recovery CD from Compaq Pres. 2005 Media Home Edition. Well anyway Windows won't update - it tells me what to update but it just gives it back not updated and I couldn't upload my latest security software. Windows is running but it won't update to the lastest.

Any help will be appreciated.

descriptionWindows XP won't update EmptyRe: Windows XP won't update

more_horiz
tdssserv is a horrible form of malware as you saw, after what happened with OTMoveIt, I'd go for full format. tdssserv is a backdoor rootkit, stealing information. Even if you did kill tdssserv, your system would still be compromised, so a full format is probably the best option.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Windows XP won't update DXwU4
Windows XP won't update VvYDg

more_horiz
If you wish to keep your info though, I'dd recomend using fabs autobackup. It works wonders. just back everything up to an external, and redo windows.

more_horiz
You should be keeping all of your important data on a seperate drive/partition from your windows install anyway.

Most users dont understand this simple concept!

With correct hardrive management, one should never be afraid of the word 'Format'.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum