WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionXP Pro SP3 Wont Update, Just shows blank page EmptyXP Pro SP3 Wont Update, Just shows blank page

more_horiz
Like "tenaj" I too am having a problem with updating Windows XP Pro with SP3. Since updating with SP3 it doesn't want to update at all. First I tried setting my uptions to update automatically but nothing ever seemed to happen.

I then went directly to Microsoft's Update site for XP
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx
and it just shows as a blank screen.

Any suggestions? Thx

descriptionXP Pro SP3 Wont Update, Just shows blank page EmptyRe: XP Pro SP3 Wont Update, Just shows blank page

more_horiz
Tenaj also had a rootkit on his/her machine.

tdssserv makes your browser throw up an error, not blank page.
Are you experiencing any other problems besides the updates?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
XP Pro SP3 Wont Update, Just shows blank page DXwU4
XP Pro SP3 Wont Update, Just shows blank page VvYDg

descriptionXP Pro SP3 Wont Update, Just shows blank page EmptyRe: XP Pro SP3 Wont Update, Just shows blank page

more_horiz
Yes, I have also been experiencing problems with the CHM and HLP files not displaying their "Contents" but Doc helped with the "Unblock" tip on that one.

Refer to:

Code:

http://i33.tinypic.com/11kvc5c.jpg
for a screenshot of what I end up getting when I go to the Microsoft update site using Internet Explorer v7.

I have Norton's IS 2009 installed and have also used Spybot and AAW to check for spyware etc.

PS In the above screenshot you will notice "Ceedo" which is a virtual protection zone, much like "Sandboxie". While I run Firefox and Thunderbird under this I have always gone outside of it and run IE7 in the normal manner.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum