WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMicrosoft Office Enterprise 2007 stars with Windows Installer EmptyMicrosoft Office Enterprise 2007 stars with Windows Installer

more_horiz
Recently, every time I start Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher PowerPoint) there will always be the windows installer before I can run it.

The only time it doesn't is when I use desktop shortcuts I created to Program Files\Microsoft office\OFFICE12 (I think) and to the program but when I use the default shortcut in All Programs then it will use the Windows Installer. This also happens if I double click a document, powerpoint presentation or publisher document.

Google didn't provide any solutions.

Final option will be to re-install my O/S at the end of the month or end of next month to get Photoshop working as well.

............................................................................................

descriptionMicrosoft Office Enterprise 2007 stars with Windows Installer EmptyRe: Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 stars with Windows Installer

more_horiz
Click Start >> and type services

1. Locate the service - Windows Installer
2. Double-click on it to open the Properties dialog.

* Stop the service by using the Stop button.
* Change the Startup type to Disabled & then click on the OK button

Reboot the PC then click Start >> type services

* Change the Startup type to Manual
* Start the service by using the Start button & then click on the OK button

Can you open Office programs now?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 stars with Windows Installer Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionMicrosoft Office Enterprise 2007 stars with Windows Installer EmptyRe: Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 stars with Windows Installer

more_horiz
Windows Installer still starts every time I open it by double-clicking a document or using the default All Programs Shortcut

more_horiz
Ok, try this:

Click Start >> and type services

* Stop the service by using the Stop button.
* Change the Startup type to Disabled & then click on the OK button

Reboot the PC and see if it still starts.

If it doesn't work, try this:

>> Open your Registry
>> Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Window\Installer
>> Create or modify dword valled called DisableMSI

Set the value to 2, which signifies that Windows installer is fully disabled.

Always remember to do registry backup or create a restore point just in case before working the registry. Learn how to do it here

more_horiz
disabling Windows Installer means the program won't open at all

more_horiz
Ok, what happens when you let it do what it wanted to do?

more_horiz
Jerry Parnell wrote:
Ok, what happens when you let it do what it wanted to do?

It loads after a minute but then next time I start it I need to load again. I can't open two documents at the same time because it says I have to wait for the first one to finish which gets really annoying.

more_horiz
Have you considered doing a reinstall or repair of the software?

more_horiz
Already tried both

more_horiz
Can you do any actual work with it after it installs?

more_horiz
I had this problem with one of my work laptops, but it got a bit wet one day. Needless to say , that fixed the problem Annoyed or Unimpress

more_horiz
Hello,

Please do not bump up topics from last year. Thank you.

more_horiz
ahahaha didnt even notice that

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum