WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionGraphics card advice for my Dell dimension 8400 EmptyGraphics card advice for my Dell dimension 8400

more_horiz
i have a dell dimension 8400 and im wondering if/what graphics cards can be installed into my system and what one would you reccommend for high end gaming?

Socket: LGA775
Expansion Slots: 3 PCI, 1X1 PCI Express, 1X16 PCI Express
Chipset: Intel 925 Express
Supported CPUs: Intel Pentium 4, Celeron, Prescott
Other Features: Hyper-Threading Technology Support
Connectors: PS/2 Mouse, PS/2 Keyboard, Printer Port, (6) USB 2.0 Ports, 1 COMM Ports, 10/100/1000 LAN
Peripheral Interface: (4) Serial ATA (SATA) Interface
Other: One IDE Channel Supporting ATA-66/100/133 and Floppy Port
Video: 1X16 PCI Express Slot
Audio: 5.1 Surround Sound Audio System
Supported Memory: DDR 400 OR DDR 533
Maximum Memory: 4 Dual Channel DIMM Support for up to 4 GB of memory

Compatible with:
Dell Dimension 8400

Dell P/N: J3492

this is the motherboard in my PC

apologies if this is a stupid question

thanks in advance

descriptionGraphics card advice for my Dell dimension 8400 EmptyRe: Graphics card advice for my Dell dimension 8400

more_horiz
Hello gridley, welcome to GeekPolice. Honored

I woudn't recommend you getting a high end graphic card with the CPU you currently have. Your CPU, Intel Pentium 4, Celeron is actually quite old and your motherboard would not support recent graphic card models.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Graphics card advice for my Dell dimension 8400 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionGraphics card advice for my Dell dimension 8400 EmptyRe: Graphics card advice for my Dell dimension 8400

more_horiz
The Docs mostly right,

An Asus NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 512 Mb graphics card would be about the the top end of your processors performance capabilities.

Not exactly 'high-end' gaming capabilities, but not to bad by most standards as its still a PCIe card.

more_horiz
For high end gaming, i advise you to change your motherboard. A motherboard which support at least Core2duo and onwards. Even when u get a very good graphic card, u still cant play graphic demanding game perfectly because of the lack of processing power. With ur current state, i advise you to just stick with a value graphic card untill u've got the budget for a gaming pc.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum