WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

description[INACTIVE] Likely have a virus - Page 1 EmptyRe: [INACTIVE] Likely have a virus

more_horiz
I just got my computer back and I put in a new back up hard drive in it. I really only have programs on the main drive, very little stuff other then that which I have stored on a portable hard drive.  Would I be able to move some programs over beside Windows which I upgraded to windows 10 as well.

description[INACTIVE] Likely have a virus - Page 1 EmptyRe: [INACTIVE] Likely have a virus

more_horiz
Your programs will probably run better on the same drive that houses your OS but everything else can be save on your other drive.

more_horiz
Do you require any additional help with this computer?

more_horiz
I had a 4 tb secondary hard drive installed to give me extra space and I just looked at it and it only has 1.96 tb of space left on it . This is IMPOSSIBLE because I have not saved anything to it. I was about to move some stuff over to it just now which is how I noticed this. Something is very wrong and I don't know what it is. Something is filling up space that shouldn't be and I have no clue how to fix it. This is the same thing that happened to my main hard drive, there was no way it should have been full with what I had on it.

Also mbam keeps picking up same virus everyday (Today it found two), which I quarantine but it keeps finding it the very next day. Also when I click quarantine it, mbam shuts down all tabs I have open in chrome.

Here is what it found today 

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 12/8/17
Scan Time: 2:44 AM
Log File: 8dc843a6-dbeb-11e7-ae6c-704d7b881b5f.json
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.3.1.2183
Components Version: 1.0.262
Update Package Version: 1.0.3442
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 318875
Threats Detected: 2
Threats Quarantined: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Time Elapsed: 17 min, 44 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Detect
PUM: Detect

-Scan Details-
Process: 0

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 2
PUP.Optional.ASK, C:\USERS\JOANN\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Sync Data\SyncData.sqlite3, No Action By User, [472], [454825],1.0.3442
PUP.Optional.ASK, C:\USERS\JOANN\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data, No Action By User, [472], [454825],1.0.3442

Physical Sector: 0

(end)

Last edited by Joann Anderson on 8th December 2017, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)

more_horiz
Joann Anderson wrote:
I had a 4 tb secondary hard drive installed to give me extra space and I just looked at it and it only has 1.96 tb of space left on it . This is IMPOSSIBLE because I have not saved anything to it. I was about to move some stuff over to it just now which is how I noticed this. Something is very wrong and I don't know what it is. Something is filling up space that shouldn't be and I have no clue how to fix it. This is the same thing that happened to my main hard drive, there was no way it should have been full with what I had on it.

I think you have a Master Boot Record (MBR) disk which supports disk size up to 2 TB you need to convert disk to GPT to work with disk larger than 2 TB.

How to Convert MBR to GPT Disk in Windows 10/8/7

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
[INACTIVE] Likely have a virus - Page 1 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
The MBAM log shows "No action by user". Are you cleaning these pups?

more_horiz
Yes I did quarantine them I just double checked in the program, they both show as being quarantined.

more_horiz
Oh dear God I have no idea how to do this even looking at the link you posted I do not understand anything it is saying >,<

"I think you have a Master Boot Record (MBR) disk which supports disk size up to 2 TB you need to convert disk to GPT to work with disk larger than 2 TB.

How to Convert MBR to GPT Disk in Windows 10/8/7"

more_horiz
Backup all files stored at 4 TB disk and open Disk Management by typing Diskmgmt.msc into Start Menu or Run dialog box.  

From  Disk Management delete all partitions from 4 TB disk and right click 4 TB disk and select "Convert to GPT Disk". after converting to disk to GPT disk you can create partitions.

[INACTIVE] Likely have a virus - Page 1 Uym4juv

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
[INACTIVE] Likely have a virus - Page 1 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
[mod]Due to inactivity this thread is locked. If you need more help, please send me a pm.[/mod]

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum