WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Multiple Problems Related To Computer and Internet Freezing

2 posters

descriptionMultiple Problems Related To Computer and Internet Freezing - Page 2 EmptyRe: Multiple Problems Related To Computer and Internet Freezing

more_horiz
When I run it in safe mode, it virtually never freezes. I don't run it in Safe Mode for very long, but when I do, I don't usually encounter the freezing.

descriptionMultiple Problems Related To Computer and Internet Freezing - Page 2 EmptyRe: Multiple Problems Related To Computer and Internet Freezing

more_horiz
That's because there are less programs running in Safe mode therefore, less burden on the operating system. You could go into the Task Manager and stop each process one by one except explorer.exe. This will be time consuming but you may find you may find the process that is causing the problem.

more_horiz
I'll be willing to try that. Which programs should I be on the lookout for as likely or possible culprits? I don't quite understand how all the processes work or which ones are safe or unsafe to tamper with--since it is said that some of them can ruin the system if tampered with.

more_horiz
You will want to stop any process that is using a large amount of memory. Clicking on memory usage will toggle between the largest and the least. The only one you should not stop is explorer.exe. This will shut down the computer.

more_horiz
I see. Most of the time, the largest process has to do with Firefox or any Internet applications. I'm thinking that something within the network apparatus of the Internet software is causing the freezing of the whole computer.

Do you know why the whole computer can be affected, even to the point where CTRL ALT DEL fails entirely?

more_horiz
yokoryu wrote:
I see.  Most of the time, the largest process has to do with Firefox or any Internet applications.  I'm thinking that something within the network apparatus of the Internet software is causing the freezing of the whole computer.  

Do you know why the whole computer can be affected, even to the point where CTRL ALT DEL fails entirely?

Not without getting my hands on the computer which is an impossibility. Stop each of the large processes one by one and see if that is the culprit. It will restart the next time you boot.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum