WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMalwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EmptyRe: Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program

more_horiz
I'm just trying to paste the mbar log and post it but keep getting this message:
New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days.

There must have been a link included in the log.
Did you run SlimCleaner Plus?

I'd like to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

•Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScan

•Click the Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetOnline button.
•For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)

• Click on Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetSmartInstall to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetSmartInstallDesktopIcon-1 icon on your desktop.

•Check Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetAcceptTerms
•Click the Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetStart button.
•Accept any security warnings from your browser.

• Leave the check mark next to Remove found threats.

•Check Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetScanArchives
•Push the Start button.
•ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
•When the scan completes, push Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetListThreats
•Push Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetExport, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
•Push the Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetBack button.
•Push Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EsetFinish
A log file will be saved here: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt

descriptionMalwarebytes won't update - Closes program - Page 1 EmptyRe: Malwarebytes won't update - Closes program

more_horiz
SlimCleaner Plus wouldn't go any further unless I paid $39.99

more_horiz
Ok, I'll try to find a free version.

more_horiz
Results of Escan:C:\Users\Loretta\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\lhohtrd6.default\extensions\{2a26ebf1-72d8-4964-9995-ec90896e049e}\goodsearchtb.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Visicom.A potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\Loretta\Downloads\switchsetup.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.H potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined

more_horiz
Please try this. It's not the same name but will probably do the job.

Download CCleaner Slim and save it to your Desktop - Alternate download link

When the file has been saved, go to your Desktop and double-click on ccsetupxxx_slim.exe
Follow the prompts to install the program.

* Double-click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
* Click on the Options block on the left, then choose Cookies.
* Under Cookies to Delete, highlight any cookies you would like to retain permanently
* Click the right arrow > to move them to the Cookies to Keep window.
* Go into Options > Advanced uncheck Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours
* Click Cleaner on the left then Run Cleaner on the right to run the program.
* Important: Make sure that ALL browser windows are closed before selecting Run Cleaner

Caution: Only use the Registry feature if you are very familiar with the registry.
Always back up your registry before making any changes. Exit CCleaner after it has completed it's process.

more_horiz
Ran ccleaner. Rebooted, reinstalled Malwarebytes, same problem....

more_horiz
auring wrote:
Ran ccleaner. Rebooted, reinstalled Malwarebytes, same problem....

So, the problem is that MBAM won't update or that it won't run?

more_horiz
Both. As soon as I open MBAM, it starts looking for updates. After a few seconds I get the Windows message: "Malwarebytes has stopped working - close program". So it won't run either.

more_horiz
The only thing I can think of is getting some support from here.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum