WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

description100% CPU when no programs are open - Page 1 EmptyRe: 100% CPU when no programs are open

more_horiz
I did and I mentioned it didn't seem to produce a log because the scan came up clean; if it did but it just didn't pop up, where would I find it.

description100% CPU when no programs are open - Page 1 EmptyRe: 100% CPU when no programs are open

more_horiz
fairydraik wrote:
I did and I mentioned it didn't seem to produce a log because the scan came up clean; if it did but it just didn't pop up, where would I find it.

I just wanted to know if it came up clean. Were you able to get your Windows updates?

more_horiz
Holy shit, Windows Updates works now for the first time in over a year!  Thank You! 

Love ya Superdave!

more_horiz
So, how is your computer running now?

more_horiz
Prtty good. SOrry to waste your time when it wasn't malware. I think SAS was just being a pissy resource hog on my computer.

more_horiz
I think SAS was just being a pissy resource hog on my computer..

SAS is really only good for cleaning out tracking cookies.
SOrry to waste your time when it wasn't malware.

Not a problem.I learn something from every poster that I help.
Let's do some cleanup and we'll be done.

* Click START then RUN - Vista users press the Windows Key and the R keys together for the Run box.
* Now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox
* Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /Uninstall
* Then hit Enter

* The above procedure will:
* Delete the following:
* ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
* Reset the clock settings.
* Hide file extensions, if required.
* Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
* Set a new, clean Restore Point.
Click Start> Computer> right click the C Drive and choose Properties> enter
Click Disk Cleanup from there.

100% CPU when no programs are open - Page 1 Diskcleanup2

Click OK on the Disk Cleanup Screen.
Click Yes on the Confirmation screen.

100% CPU when no programs are open - Page 1 Diskcleanup

This runs the Disk Cleanup utility along with other selections if you have chosen any. (if you had a lot System Restore points, you will see a significant change in the free space in C drive)
I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
Thanks! Things are running a lot better now :3

more_horiz
You're welcome. I will lock this thread. If you need it re-opened, please send me a pm.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum