WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan not get "sign on" screen in AOL EmptyCan not get "sign on" screen in AOL

more_horiz
The AOL home page comes in but when I click on the "Mail" icon I get the following message...

We are sorry, but you will need to enable cookies and Javascript to use your Username with this site.
Click here to try again after you have enabled cookies and Javascript in your browser.
For additional information on how to adjust browser settings, please click here

I click on the links and follow the directions to enable cookies but still nothing. Is there another fix I can try?

Thank you.

descriptionCan not get "sign on" screen in AOL EmptyRe: Can not get "sign on" screen in AOL

more_horiz
Hi John
Please provide us more info: what Browser and OS are you using?

Are you using any Script Blocking Ad-ons?

descriptionCan not get "sign on" screen in AOL EmptyRe: Can not get "sign on" screen in AOL

more_horiz
NightFury,

Sorry...first time here.

OS is Win7 x64 and the browser is Explorer 9. It is a different machine than this one I am using.
As far as script blocking ad-ons I can't say. Don't know what they are.

Thanks.

more_horiz
Hey John
I'm only a couple weeks old in here... Cheesy Grin (sparkly Its not a Mistake JB.

Did you tried the Internet Explorer Reset? If your answer is no then please try Instructions in the below page:
http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=60119

Once you are done with the above steps, follow the instructions in the below page:
http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=60105

If you've already tried the instructions in both the pages then, try by changing the Slider in the Internet Options-->Privacy (Tab) --> To Accept All Cookies. Let us know how it goes.

more_horiz
NightFury,

I followed the instructions in the first two links in your message. Those are the same "instructions" that come up in the page that I get when I try to get the AOL sign in page. The one telling me to click "here". Still no luck.
And then I reset the privacy tab to default to get the slider and change that to "accept all cookies". Again, no luck.
Unfortunately I still get the same error page as above when I click on the mail icon on AOL.

more_horiz
And then I reset the privacy tab to default to get the slider and change that to "accept all cookies".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@John
You've to Reset the Internet Explorer not the Privacy (tab).
Internet options-->Advanced-->Then 'Reset'.
Then Follow the Instructions in the below link:
http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=60105

more_horiz
OK...I did "Internet Options > Advanced > Reset" and then once again followed the directions in the link on setting cookies.
I am still getting the error page when I click on the mail icon in AOL.

more_horiz
John,
Please try to access the page with a Different Browser like Google Chrome/Firefox and let us know how it goes.

more_horiz
NightFury,

Thank you. I downloaded Chrome and I can access the AOL mail sign in page through it with no problems. The problem must be with Explorer somehow.
I really appreciate the help. Thanks again.

more_horiz
You are welcome John. Try to update the Flash and java, then try in Internet Explorer. See if that helps. (Gunsmoke)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum