WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionlaptop problems Emptylaptop problems

more_horiz
My girlfriends laptop is having major issues. I have done system restore like 5 times in the last week to get it to work. When we wake up today it was shutoff. When I restarted it, it went straight to recovery mode. So when I tried system restore this time it wont work. It quits halfway and does the chkdisk stuff and quit halfway through that. I have a reovery disc her brother in law made she said but I dont know how to work that. She has windows vista

descriptionlaptop problems EmptyRe: laptop problems

more_horiz
Your hard drive may be failing, let's check for errors. This is mostly from Microsoft

Insert the Windows 7 System Repair DVD or Installation DVD and reboot.

Select the correct keyboard input method and click ‘Next’.

Note: If you are using the Windows7 Install DVD then at the 'Install Now' prompt (Do not pick the Install Now option) instead choose the 'Repair your computer' option located in the lower left of the dispay.

The System Repair tool will search for a valid operating system and will report that “Windows found problems with your computer’s startup options. Do you want to apply repairs and restart your computer?”

Click ‘Repair and restart’ and reboot again to the Windows 7 System Repair environment.

Click ‘Next’ at the keyboard selection prompt and when the ‘System Recovery Options’ screen appears verify that the “Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows” is selected.

Now from the menu list select the ‘Command Prompt’ option.

At the DOS prompt type chkdsk /r and hit the enter. This will check your disk for errors.

If errors continue, consider replacing the hard drive.

more_horiz
Ok I used my recovery cd and got back to windows. Now it wont let me connect to the internet. There is a yellow ! next to the network controller. Do you know anything that could help me?

more_horiz
right click the network controller and chose disable. Then reboot. If the hardware is still there, Windows will look for the driver and reinstall it.

If that doesn't work, go to the manufacturer's web site and search for the driver. You'll have to use something like a USB drive to copy the driver to your girlfriend's machine.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum