WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionproblems with the monitor on my HP laptop Emptyproblems with the monitor on my HP laptop

more_horiz
About a 10 days ago, the monitor on my HP pavillion dv9000 would not come on immediately. I had to restart the computer repeatedly before it was start working properly. I noticed the monitor would only fail to turn on if I closed the lid on my laptop. So for the last week, I could go into sleep mode, hibernate, or shutdown Window Vista without incident, as long as I did not close the lid.

I took my laptop on car ride all the way to the Appalachians. I drove over some really poor roads and as a result, hit a lot of potholes. I'm certain my laptop, even in it's case, was affected by the drive. Because when I got back home yesterday morning, the monitor would not turn on at all. The computer starts up fine, because I can hear the windows startup sounds. The monitor is just dead.

But somehow I managed to get the monitor working by my previous methods. However, now when I go into sleep mode, now the monitor won't turn on either. It only will turn on if I push the lid down to about a 30 degree angle. If it is any more open than that, then the monitor will not turn on. If I don't leave the lid down at 30 degrees until I get to the windows password screen, the picture on my monitor is just a jumbled gray color. There is no working picture on it.

I'm sure something is wrong with the video card. Am I right? What can I do about it? The computer is no longer under warranty.

descriptionproblems with the monitor on my HP laptop EmptyRe: problems with the monitor on my HP laptop

more_horiz
Hello,

I doubt there is anything wrong with the video card. The problem lies with the connection of the screen to the laptop, the connection might be damaged by during the ride. Give the hinge a little nudge and see if it fixes the problem, if not you have to send it for repair.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

problems with the monitor on my HP laptop Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum