WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCritical error Drive sector not found EmptyCritical error Drive sector not found

more_horiz
While creating a word document on my WINDOWS VISTA Home Edition desktop, I received a million warning messages saying, "! SYSTEM MESSAGE - WRITE FAULT ERROR, A write command during the test has failed to complete. This may be due to a media or read/write error, the system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address". Then SMART HDD appeared(I have no idea what this is) and did a S.M.A.R.T. check. The smart check came up with 7 Repair issues. The first two in critical status are: 1)"HARD DRIVE BOOT SECTOR READING ERROR-During I/O system intialation, the boot device driver might have failed to initialize the boot device, file system initialization might have failed because it did not recognize the data on the boot device." 2)"SYSTEM BLOCKS WERE FOUND-this has most likely occurred because of hard disk failure, this may also lead to a potential loss of data." And one in dangerous status message: "ERROR 0X00000024-NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM".
When I clicked "REPAIR 7 ISSUES" it asked me to activate SMART HDD-to buy the license for $84.50. I really have no idea what this is & if it will repair my desktop if I buy it.???????
I unplugged everything and when I restarted the system, my user screen was blank, no background picture & no shortcuts except for the Recycle Bin. When I clicked start to look for my programs, there were no programs.. it read "empty"
ARE THERE ANY GEEKS WHO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH MY COMPUTER? THANK YOU!!!

descriptionCritical error Drive sector not found EmptyRe: Critical error Drive sector not found

more_horiz
You currently have malware infecting your computer.

Please let me know if this will work...

Visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

descriptionCritical error Drive sector not found EmptyRe: Critical error Drive sector not found

more_horiz
the address took me to Network Business Computing

more_horiz
Please reboot to Safe Mode with Networking (tap the F8 key just before Windows starts to load and select the Safe Mode with Networking option from the menu).

Try again, please.

more_horiz
still working on it...

more_horiz
It can't run with my antivirus & I can't find my way into the antivirus program to shut it down

more_horiz
Please download DrWeb-CureIt and save it to your Desktop. Do NOT perform a scan yet

• Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program.
    An Express Scan of your PC notice will appear.
  • Under Start the Express Scan Now, Click OK to start the scan.
    This is a short scan that will scan the files currently running in memory.
    If something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it.
  • Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
  • Choose the Scan tab and UNcheck Heuristic analysis
  • Back at the main window, click Custom Scan, then Select drives (a red dot will show which drives have been chosen).
  • Then click the Start/Stop Scanning button (green arrow on the right, and the scan will start.
  • When finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom advising if any viruses were found.
  • Click Yes to all if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can see the icon next to the files found.
    If so, click it, then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable.
    (This will move it to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if it can't be cured)
  • Next, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your Desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when you have finished.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

more_horiz
Hi. I started running an anti-virus scan using the ca security center, which I have had on the system for aprox. 2 yrs now- (not in safe mode). It has been running for aprox. 3.5 hrs. and nothing has been detected yet.
Should I run the DrWeb-CureIt scan when this one is done? Thank you

more_horiz
1 infection quarantined so far: JS/Frame!exploit

more_horiz
Did the scan finish at all?

How does Normal Mode work right at this point?

more_horiz
Hi. 2 infections quarantined & everything is still the same. no desktop, no programs or documents, same error messages.

more_horiz
Back to Safe Mode with Networking...

Please download OTL to your Desktop. (If you already have it downloaded, then just follow the instructions below).
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

%systemroot%\Fonts\*.com
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.dll
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini2
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.exe
    %systemroot%\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.*
    %systemroot%\REPAIR\*.bak1
    %systemroot%\REPAIR\*.ini
    %systemroot%\system32\*.jpg
    %systemroot%\*.jpg
    %systemroot%\*.png
    %systemroot%\*.scr
    %systemroot%\*._sy
    %APPDATA%\Adobe\Update\*.*
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Favorites\*.*
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\*.*
    %PROGRAMFILES%\*.*
    %APPDATA%\Update\*.*
    %PROGRAMFILES%\bak. /s
    %systemroot%\system32\bak. /s
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\*.lnk /x
    %systemroot%\system32\config\systemprofile\*.dat /x
    %systemroot%\*.config
    %systemroot%\system32\*.db
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\*.lnk /x
    %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\*.exe
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Common Files\*.*
    %systemroot%\*.src
    %systemroot%\install\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\DLL\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\HelpFiles\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\rundll\*.*
    %systemroot%\winn32\*.*
    %systemroot%\Java\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\test\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\Rundll32\*.*
    %systemroot%\AppPatch\Custom\*.*
    %APPDATA%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*.lnk /x
    %PROGRAMFILES%\PC-Doctor\Downloads\*.*
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\*.tmp
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\*.dat
    %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\*.exe
    %USERPROFILE%\*.exe
    %systemroot%\ADDINS\*.*
    %systemroot%\assembly\*.bak2
    %systemroot%\Config\*.*
    %systemroot%\REPAIR\*.bak2
    %systemroot%\SECURITY\Database\*.sdb /x
    %systemroot%\SYSTEM\*.bak2
    %systemroot%\Web\*.bak2
    %systemroot%\Driver Cache\*.*
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\*.exe
    %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Common\*.*
    %ProgramFiles%\TinyProxy.
    %USERPROFILE%\Favorites\*.url /x
    %systemroot%\system32\*.bk
    %systemroot%\*.te
    %systemroot%\system32\system32\*.*
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\*.dat /x
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\*.exe /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\*.sys
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.dll
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.ini
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.exe
    %systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %PROGRAMFILES%\*.
    %appdata%\*.*
    netsvcs
    msconfig
    safebootminimal
    safebootnetwork
    activex
    drivers32
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    disk.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    symmpi.sys
    adp3132.sys
    mv61xx.sys
    usbstor.sys
    /md5stop
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

• Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.

• When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) and paste (Edit->Paste) the contents of these files, one at a time

Note: in the event that OTL fails to run, please use alternate download links to try again:

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.com
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.scr

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum